1

Today was her day off in what seemed like forever.To be completely honest, it was so weird for her. Not doing anything. Just chilling.

She literally had nothing to do. Well, technically she did, but that was cancelled.

Now she was just chilling on the sofa of her apartment. Laptop by her side playing music at a low volume and the smallest little ball of white fluff on her lap.

She's made a habit of petting her newest pet whenever he was around. Clarky boy didn't complain at all. He was the most chill and mellow puppy ever. And also very clingy. Always following her around, looking up at her, and always cuddling.

He's not a hyper puppy, in fact he would just lie down and drift off to sleep every now and then. Kinda like his dad, she thought.

Wait, if he's Clarky Boy's dad.. then that makes me..

"His mom? Hala ka.." She said out loud, laughing.

She shook her head as she remembered how she got Clarky. It was a huge surprise since she wasn't one to expect.

Deciding she shouldn't dwell on giving meaning to James' gift, she looked outside the window. And man, was it pouring out.

Buti nalang wala akong taping..

But she remembered someone else did. Si James.. kamusta na kaya yun?

And as if it was on cue, her phone dinged. It was a call from, of course, James..

"Hello?"

"Nadz... sorry, we're you sleeping?"

"No, no.. it's only 8.. napatawag ka ata?"

"Uh.. yeah, are you home?"

So much questions from this guy. But from the sound coming from the other end of the phone, it seemed that he's in the middle of the storm.

"Oo.. bakit? Ikaw nakauwi ka na ba?"

"That's the thing, uhm.. I'm in my car, on my way home, but the traffic is so bad on the highway.."

"Naku... malakas talaga kasi ung ulan eh.. Ang alam ko kasi may bagyong paparating tonight... Sumakto ka naman sa traffic and rain.. May food ka ba diyan? Did you eat?"

She stopped herself from going on a tangent and turning into mom-mode.

"Yun na nga, my car's about to run out of gas, and I haven't eaten since lunch..."

Nadine stood up, as if that would help his situation, but she was genuinely worried.

".. Actually, I decided to do a detour... Uhm.. I'm on my way to your place.."

She felt her eyes double their size. "Ha? My place?"

"Yeah, I figured, I'd let the rain pour out first. I've been wanting to visit Clarky Boy anyways.."

She didn't want him to think that he isn't welcome. Of course it would be much safer for him to stay inside at least for a bit until the rain stops.

"Ah.. yeah sige, nandito naman siya... Just ring the buzzer in the lobby, so I can open the door for you.."

"Alright.. thanks, I'm about 10 minutes away.."

She sat down to process everything that happened. He's coming here?

Usually he does, to visit the puppy that they co-own. But it was with company, either with Ate Ca and her mom and more people. Tonight was different. It was just them.