Chapter 3

Fire furs P.O.V
I woke up and yawned.
Oh starclan.....more snow... I shrugged to myself.
I padded out of the Warriors den and felt a nice breeze flush against my fur. It felt nice.
I paused to sniff the air, and breathed in a fresh, sweet scent.
I continued and padded around camp, and landed at the fresh kill pile.
"Hmmmm..... I could take a little something to eat...." I mumbled. "It felt like I haven't eaten in moons" I added.
I chose a plump vole and took it to the sunning spot, sat down, then gobbled up my vole in a few bites.
I then after licked my lips and washed for a few minutes.
"What should I do today...?" I mumbled.
"I will wait for dust wind to wake up..." I decided.
I heard a faint waking up in the Warriors den. I padded in and dust wind was awake.
"Hello" I purred.
"Hi" dust wind purred back.
Dust wind pressed her muzzle against mine. "I love you" she whispered softly in my ear.
I relaxed and whispered back. "I love you too, dust wind."
Dust wind smiled. "Want to hang out today?" She asked.
"ok" I replied, blushing.
"But... It is only dawn right now" dust wind yawned.
"I could get a little more sleep... Well... I could sleep for moons, I'm so tired!" I said with a huge yawn.
"Ok... Let's get some more rest" dust wind purred and smiled, then curled, tight in a ball, in a fuzzy, mossy nest.
I felt really comfortable. So I tucked in a bushy, fluffy, soft, mossy nest.
This time, I woke in the morning, I seen huge patches of sun light pouring in.
I yawned and hauled myself out of the cozy nest.
I sure did sleep well..... I said to my self and smiled.
I waited out of the den for dust wind, again.
Dust wind padded out of the den and greeted me, as usual. "Hi!" She purred.
"Hi" I purred back, licking her nose.
Dust wind blushed, and twinned out tails.
The deputy, muscle fang, came dashing out of the den.
"Hello" the huge, muscular, tabby Tom mewed.
"Hello!" I mewed, and dipped my head respectfully.
Dust wind did the same.
Muscle fang dashed away.
Pumpkin paws P.O.V
I woke up, with a slight chill running through me.
"Brrrr!" I shivered.
Tree paw woke up. "H..huh?" He grumbled.
"Oh... Sorry for waking you..." I blushed in embarresment, and ducked out of the apprentice den.
I padded over to dust wind and fire fur. "Hi!" I purred.
"hello" dust wind gently purred back.
"hi, pumpkin paw!" Fire fur smiled.
I smiled back, and trotted over to the fresh kill pile, I went to take a vole, but there was a massive shadow over me.
"Huh?" I shrieked.
It was only my father.... . "Hi, muscle fang" I mewed.
"Hi" muscle fang mewed. "I have a job for you" he added.
Oh...? "What is it?" I asked.
"Can you clean the elders bedding for today and during tomorrow? And before you do that, can you hunt?" Muscle fang ordered.
I sighed. "Ok!" I confidently mewed.
Muscle fang just replied with a smile.
I smiled back and dashed out the gorse tunnel. I will hunt at.... Sunning River! I thought.
I dashed down the path to sunning River. I smelt all sorts of prey.
I headed down to the river, and crouched over it, I stuck my claws in, and a fish darted right onto them.
"Yes..... A fish! Every cat must love them!" I purred happily.
I fished out a few more, so I had 6.
I could smell a mouse. I went in a hunters crouch and spotted the mouse. I pounced and landed on it, and killed it in a bite on the neck.
I caught 3 more mouses, to make 4. And I caught 2 voles.
I headed back to camp, with my 4 mice, 2 voles and 6 fish.
Muscle fang seen me. "Woah! Nice, the clan will appreciate that!" Muscle fang mewed proud.
I nodded, and dropped it off to the fresh kill pile. I brang shine pelt, frog spin and plum claw , all the elders, a mouse each. "I'll change your bedding" I mewed, scooping out the dirty bedding, and headed in the forest again, dumped it off, then got fresh moss.
I replaced the moss were the old moss once were, and the elders sat in the nests again.
"You surely are a well-trained apprentice!" Frog spin, a orange she-cat elder croaked.
"True" shine pelt, a not so old, sandy coloured she-cat elder gasped.
I smiled proudly at the elders.
Plum claw finished her mouse. "Thank you for the help, we appreciate it!" A blue-grey she-cat elder purred.
I nodded, then fell into my bedding in the apprentice den, exhausted.