Chapter One ~

The edges of my vision where blurry, and I was trying to take a picture of the cliff with Jules but the camera was beeping...why is the camera beeping? Beep, Beep, Beep. 

I rolled over in my bed. My alarm was painstakingly loud. Beep, Beep, Beep.  "Yes okay I get the point," I mumbled  as I rolled out of bed. "What day is it?" I asked myself, wishing I didn't talk to myself so much. Monday. And on Monday I have formal uniform. Great. Ironing here I come. I grabbed a uniform off the hanger in my room and half walked half tripped down the stairs to the laundry. 

            ~                    ~                    ~                    ~                    ~                    ~                    ~                    ~                     

 "Good Morning Lilac," "Good Morning Wendy," I replied cheerfully. Walking down the bus hallway I didn't even need to look for her. "Julianna," I said, sitting down next to her. "Hey, Li" my best friend says. "So," I start, "how did Friday Night talks go?" "Jules looked up almost whimsically and stared out the window. "Good," she says, "his Dad saw us talking and started making up all these weird nicknames for me..." Giggling  I touched underneath my eyes, our little signal that her mascara was flaking off. I wore makeup too, a little concealer, powder foundation and mascara but just enough to make it look natural. Jules on the other hand was...brave. She wasn't afraid to bend the rules and painted on her face each morning. Julianna had wavy chocolate brown hair that reached just above her waist and flawless slightly sun kissed skin. She didn't wear her tie or care that she didn't wear it. Her boyfriend (aka he) Riley and her talked all night long. Literally. Me on the other hand. Well, I'm blonde for a start. Green eyes that change to brown or grey when I'm cranky and freckles are dotted across my nose. I often accidentally sit on my hair and people ask me if I'm sick in the streets I'm that pale. But. For some derange reason. Jules and I are best friends. She swears and I study. That's just the way it always has been. 

Walking in the school gate to form, I politely say hello to a teacher walking past while Jules waves to a couple seniors. We keep walking and make it to our first class of the day. English. Although this is my favourite subject Jules not so much. We sit at the desk with our group, Layla, Paris, Tasmyn, and Abby. I give the girls a hug and suddenly Jules is jumping out of her seat to grab her bag. We all exchange looks while she rummages around looking for something. "Julianna?" Paris asks. "Hmm" Jules replies, to preoccupied to focus on anything else. "Here! Found it!" She squeaks, making us all jump. She was holding a folded piece of paper. Jules looks at me and smiles "my reasoning for not studing for our English exam this morning.." " But I told you to-"" Shhhhh" she cuts me off. "Just listen." "Alright then, " Layla urges. "Go on". Jules fake clears her throat giving the piece of paper a wave. " Me no study, me no care, me go marry a millionaire. If he dies me no cry, me just find another guy." Everyone bursts out laughing. "That was certainly another Jules moment," Abby says, shaking her head in her hands. At that moment out teacher walked in making us all go silent. I stole a glance over my shoulder at Jules and she was grinning like an idiot from ear to ear. 

A/N: Hi Everyone, I really hoped you liked the first chapter. I know..I know. Nothing with Xavier yet. But! I promise he is coming really really soon. I just wanted to set up the characters a little. Anyway. Please leave me a vote it comment it would mean a lot. xx