1

MAINE

...

I'm still not really able to fully grasp that I'm going to be on national tv. I've never actually done anything to get here. I'm just an average girl. (Standing in front of a boy... I kidd) Nothing out of the ordinary. Well, I did post some dubsmash videos. Videos of me lip synching to some of the famous lines of Kris Aquino. After like one day, I got a ton of views which eventually landed me an audition.

I distinctly remember that day. Some of the producers were asking me what talent I had and all I could say was I could dubsmash. Nothing more. They asked if I could dance. No. Can you sing? No. Who does that for an audition. It's like going to a fight without guns. I guess I was just lucky that they still chose to pick me. Maybe they saw something in me? Something that I probably don't even see in myself right now. Okay, okay. Too much pessimistic thoughts. Think happy thoughts Meng.

Oops. I forgot to introduce myself. I'm Maine, the pessimistic, optimistic bella. This is the very first entry to my personal blog. This is where I post my personal thoughts and ideas about almost everything under the sun.

...

The Saturday where it all began

Today is a very special day! Today is the day that I get to live out my secret ultimate dream of being an actress. Should I start pinching myself? Am I just dreaming or is this reality? (Yeah I said it :))) Am I really joining the well known noontime show, Eat Bulaga?

I was cast as "Yaya Dub", the caretaker of my Lola Nidora. I do dubsmashes here and there for the most part. But my main instruction is that I can never smile or break character while on camera. I have to be mataray all the time. I must admit, it's been hard to keep a straight face especially when you have three well known comedians giving their best everyday but I keep my ground. Every joke they throw I try divert my thought to other things to keep myself from busting out a smile.

...

The longer I work with the EB staff here in the Juan for all segment, I get the sense of family. I've gotten closer with everyone. In between shoots or when we are waiting for our live segment to start, we like to have fun and play games. One of the times that we were working, everyone took it upon themselves to play a round of spin the bottle. At about the 3rd spin, the bottle unluckily landed on... you guessed it, lucky old me. Being the stickler that I am, I preferred "truth". Kuya Wally asked me, "Who is you celebrity crush in our network?" Before I could even answer, I was seriously red as a tomato. I answered as quietly as I could that it was Alden Richards. So okay, I'm admitting that I've had the longest crush on him. I don't know. I just feel like his boy next door charm and his absolutely cute dimples are crush worthy. I mean who doesn't right? Am I right? Just thinking about him makes me... :)

...

The first encounter: So the day started of as any normal day of the Juan for all segment. Apart from the earlier call time, nothing was different from usual. Oh, except the fact that I smiled for the first time on cam (Major no, no). Kuya Wally and I usually have tried almost all forms of transportation for our entrance in the segment. But this time, being as our location was near a lake, we took a boat. So we go back to the routine of me dubsmashing when I see an unfamiliar person on cam. My heart is seriously beating like a mad man. OMG!

When I saw who it was, all the personal control I had from smiling went out the window. I remember that boyish charm and oh, those to-die-for dimples. The person I am split screening (is that even a word) with is none other that my crush since forever, Alden Richards. THE Alden Richards. The very same celebrity crush I recently admitted to.

When you see him smiling like that, I mean can you even control yourself to not smile back? I know I can't. And just like that, I am smiling like one of those "Pabebe girls" we imitate on our show.