Chapter 1

It took them a long time to see the importance of the situation. Way too long.

If they had discovered it earlier, there might have been a chance for humanity to live. But They didn't. So there is not much of a chance for us left. Us. The new generation. At least if thats how you can call it. See, we are not actually new. That's because of the messed up reallity this world deals with.

Souls. Its all about souls. Good souls and black souls. Black souls.. Its because of those that humanity is dying. Only a bright light could save us all.

All because of souls. Because a soul cannot be made. Its like water. You can't really make water. It is there or it isn't. You have good and black souls. Both made and both there forever. Black souls will only be on earth for one generation. After that the dark lord will take it away from earth to destroy them in that black doomed hell of his. But he can't get to the good souls. They burn him. Whenever someone is born, a soul moves inside of them. A good soul, since the bad ones are doomed. There used to be enough good souls to have 7 billion humans walk on this earth. But thats history. Becouse here is one desturbing fact.

Good souls can be turned black.

When there were 7 billion people on earth, there was an Evil. It is unknown what kind of evil, but hell we know that it was there.

The evil was consuming the good souls. Turning them black. And with this decreasing the amount of surviving souls.

It took a good 50 years for the humans to see what was going on. Because at the beginning almost every child was born alive. But in less than 20 years after evil was born, only one of the 10 servived. Because a baby cannot live without a soul. In less than 50 years the human population has decreased form 7 billion to 1 billion living souls. After that humans began trying to fight the evil. Trying to keep their souls from blackening and Turning bad. But that didn't help mutch. 90 years after that there were only 300 million souls left. It was the year 2168 By than.

The souls of the humans kept Turning black. Humans faught back with all their powers, But in the and the darkness was stronger. The darkness was hungry.
And it knew no mercy.

My name is Kayna Evelis.

And there are only 7000 souls left.

My mother always told me to help other people. Because that's good, she said. And when you do good to others, you're a good person. And good persons have good souls.

Being good to others.. Thats what our civilisation is based on. You would see that as a good thing, but it is not. Becouse people are scared. Scared of not being good enough. Fear.. That's all that we have left. People are indeed Nice to each other, but not if it weren't for their own sake.

I don't like people. I told that to my mother a few times, but that made her cry each time. So I stoped Saying it. She didn't cry because she was sad. She cried out of fear.
Fear..
The fear to lose me. Because she didn't want my soul to turn black. Because if it would, i'd be taken away. But she loved me. So she didn't want that to happen. She wantend me to live new generations. Thats what Everyone wants. Becouse no one wants another soul to be lost.

Perfect isn't it? Well its not. Because no matter how hard people try, souls are still Turning black. Souls are still taken away.

I want to live. Till the end of time. But I also don't. Because I know that the darkness will come for me anyway.

Most souls have turned black, so why wouldn't the same happen to me? I'm not that special anyways. I'm just another soul in this corrupted world of fake happyness and sweetness. I guess humanity deserves to die anyway. We are the Only species on earth whoose souls can be turned black. Animal souls can't. That is because They live in harmony with each other. A long time ago humans used to do that too. But people prefered power and money over harmony. They started killing and stealing from eachotter. This is the origin of the darkness that we know in this world. Without humans darkness wouldn't have existed. So all I can do is hope that it dies with them..

But that time is not here yet. And it probably won't be here soon. But I didn't ask for humanity to be as awful as it is. I didn't ask for humans to be bad. And after all these billions of years it has lived, my soul is still white. That's a good thing I suppose.

I don't know why or how, but for Some reason my soul was meant to be the way it is. It was meant to be here. It was meant to live.. I was meant to live.. Out of all the humans that were born, my soul came to Me. It chose ME. No one less than me. And that is worth something. That is worth living for. The soul came to ME. It gave life to ME. And for that I should protect it with all that I have.

And hell I will.

~well, this was the introduction  to my book I guess. It's not perfect, I know. But Its only the indroduction so that's ok I suppose :)

My grammer aint perfect, but I have dyslexia so you'll have to bare with me.

I think this is gonna be an awesome book so please keep on reading if you liked it.

See you in the next chapter!

~