~Chapter 13~

Ross

Just minutes after she left the booth, I soon followed. Distancing at least 3 aisles away from where she searched her own record goodies. I was flipping the disks one at a time from the open box, but the truth was I was only taking this opportunity to shed slight glances at her.

I loved how she just looked so amazed at every song that she would see. She would smile every other minute, seeing something that seemed new to her.
"Well staring won't do you any good, lad." Mr. Carson says behind me. I didn't even notice he was there. "I'm just looking for a song." I lied. I didn't even know half of the records in this section. They were from the 60's. An era I don't think I should even bother searching in too.

"She likes you."

That made me stop for a second, then I continued to flip through each disk. "How can you be so sure?" I muttered, keeping my eyes low on the box.

"Well for starters, she brought you here." He leans on the wall beside the shelves, near me, crossing his arms against his chest. "So?" I asked.

"Laura never comes here with anybody. She calls this place her spot." He explains, looking through the shelves as well, picking out a few records off his own.
"How bout' her dad?" It was curiosity that came over me. I wanted to know her life before her dad was a big time architect. The only response I received was a glance and his eyes telling me to not push it. So I didn't.

I went back to the old box, reviewing all the records and seeing if any of them seem the slightest familiar or at least which one has the catchiest title. Mr. Carson, drops 3 records in front of me, making me stop to check them.

"Those are Laura's favorite from the 90's." he explains as I pick one up. The cover sleeve was dusty, dusty in an old sticky way that the dirt didn't seem to come off. He takes the one I picked up and took the record out of the sleeve. He goes to the counter, where he had his own vinyl record player which looked like it had a louder speaker fit for the whole store. "This one is a classic." He says, letting the music pound the speakers momentarily.

The song was jumpy and alive. It reminds you of the crazy footworks they had for dancing back then. "Oh my god!" Laura shouts, hearing the song. I watched as her eyes went straight up to the air and her smile seemed endless. She started jumping around and dancing crazily. I started laughing at the sight. She goes up to Mr. Carson and grabs him by the elbow, leading him to the open area in the middle of the store.

They started to dance like there was no tomorrow. I was leaning on one of the shelves, just admiring how amazing she looked at this moment. Mr. Carson then motioned for me after he got tired. I just nodded my head a no along with my hand. And that was when Laura danced her way towards me.
"No. Laura I don't dance." I tell her as she grabs me elbow. "Oh that's the biggest lie you could ever tell me." She says with a laugh as we were now in the middle. "Come on, Lynch." She teases.

I raised an eyebrow at her. "Really, Dreamer? You're actually testing me right now?" I asked with a smirk and all she did was continue with her crazy dancing. It felt like there was whole different person in front of me right now. Its like I opened a new side of her. Perfect.

I started dancing with her, starting off with just some basic hand and upper body moves. She was laughing along with me which was probably the highlight of my day. The song that i never heard of before suddenly became my favorite in a split second. Sometimes its just about hearing the right song at the right time, and I guess this was mine.

The song stopped just as we were begging for breaths. We were still slightly laughing for some reason. "You're a good dancer." I tell her, making her bow like she just finished a performance. "And you're okay, I guess." She teases.