You've Saved My Life

I woke up to the birds chirping and children laughing. That's what I always wake up to every morning. I enjoy it actually. It keeps my mind off a whole ton of things. Like my parents for example. They dumped me here when I was 13. Four years I've been in this place. Not once has anyone signed my papers. I go down to meet people like I should. But in the end, someone else always gets chosen. I'm use to it now. Not having a family and all though I wish I did. I heard a knock on my door. I get up to unlock it. I open it and there stands Mrs Leaves. She's my mentor for when people come to adopt. I smile and greet her. She tells me there is a family downstairs willing to adopt. I get happy because today might be my lucky day! I go downstairs in my flannel pj's. I see a family looking around at all the younger kids. They have smiles but sad looks on their faces as they look at us. I go up to Mrs. Leaves who makes me follow her. She walks up to the family. Then I notice they have a son. He was quite tall but is short. He has dark brown hair and gorgeous brown eyes. They stare at me. I look away at Lucy who is playing with Kevin. They seem happy but deep down no one is happy around here. I look back at the boy who continues to look at me. Was there something wrong with him! Was there something on my face? I walk towards Amy who is about my age with Devon.

"Hey Amy, Devon who do you thinks getting adopted today?" I ask sitting down

"In all honesty, I think it should be you Sabrina. You've been here for four years. That's too long! You need to get out and explore!" Devon explains to me

"I suppose your right Devon."

"Sabrina! Come here for a moment please." Mrs Leaves calls me over to get and the family.

I walk over quite nervous, what if I was getting adopted?

"Yes?" I ask nervously

"Pack your bags, you've got yourself a home!"

Did I just hear her right? A home? Family? Four years here and today is my lucky day. I was so happy!

"Thank you so much! I have to go pack!" I squeal and run upstairs unaware of someone behind me

"Need a hand?"

I jump about 6 feet in the air.

"You scared me! But no I'm fine thanks."

"Sorry um... I'm Sam. I guess your new brother."

He holds out his hand, I just grab him and hug him, few seconds later and he puts his arms around me.

"What's this for?" He asks laughing

"You've saved my life, I've been here four years not adopted. It's good to know I'm going somewheres."

He smiles, I smile back at him pick up what I brought here and was downstairs with Sam.

"Sabrina, by the way."

"Sabrina. Sabrina Pottorff. Sounds good."

I used to be just Sabrina. Now I have a last name. Pottorff. I like the way it blends. I smile to myself, everyone else is already downstairs. I hug Amy and Devon and say goodbye to Mrs Leaves who has a huge smile on her face.

"Ready to go Sabrina?" My new mother asks

"Yes I am mom."

She smiles and so do I.

We all hop in the car, and drive home to where my new life begins.

A/N: Hi guys :) I'm happy with the beginning of this chapter. I have friends who are also in this story. Should go check them out on twitter

SHOUT IT TO : @PottorffCloud, @torrihbu @takenbythecloud @avaelisecaylen @50shadespfconna :) stay beautiful stay cloudy!

Sabrina!

Also follow me on twitter! @Jc_and_Sam