Chapter 1 - The Hunt

My name is Jace Elders. I've been given this diary to write down what happened. I now live in a psychiatric ward. I have long black hair, bright green eyes, and a little bit of freckling on my nose and under my eyes, covering my cheeks. I'm only around 5'7 in height. I weigh around 160 pounds. I'm sort of paler than most people. Anyways, to our story..

I remember it like it was just yesterday.. It was a cold Monday morning as I awoke to the sound of the alarm clock buzzing in my ear. I look at the alarm clock, it read 3:00 a.m. I groaned and wondered why I set my alarm for this early. I suddenly remember, it was the begging of hunting season. "Maybe some hunting will take some stress off my mind..", I said. Thinking out loud, without realizing, my wife had heard me from the restroom. "Oh, shut up!", she yelled. I was used to her rudeness. That was my wife, Carol. She had hair down to the bottom of her ears. Her hair, a light brown. Her eyes, a dark brown. Two moles on her neck.

I knew of things the slut didn't think I knew. Like how she would call over her tennis instructor to come over and "teacher her lessons"... yeah right. Lessons in bed! I knew she didn't love me. Our whole relationship is a dirty lie. The only thing keeping me from divorcing her, was my shortage of money.

I got up and took a quick shower. Afterwards, I put on my camo hunting gear. I told Carol I would be back in a bit but then leaving again for work. Her face lit up with joy as she quickly ran to find her phone. I knew she was calling her tennis instructor. I sigh and walk out my door. I walk over to my black Ford F150. There was a hunting area not to far from my house of hurt and lies. I've heard there are some good sized turkey. Then again, how would I know? I've been stuck at my dead beat job. I arrive to the entrance of the woods shortly after 4:00 a.m., grabbed my rifle and started my journey into the woods.

I had a friend, Logan, up the road from my home, who is letting me use his hunting stand. Logan had short blonde hair. Bright blue eyes. He is taller than me, maybe 5'9. He is really skinny and always has his cheery attitude that makes everyone smile.

I climbed up the tree stand and started making the calling of a turkey. It was quite foggy and I couldn't see in front of me clearly. I made calls for an hour and a half. I wasn't getting anything. Shortly after I had started to get frustrated. I was about to leave, when I herd a turkey call. I stopped. I thought 'that wasn't me..'

The fog suddenly parted and out came a gorgeous female turkey. I was dumbfounded by its beauty. However, I had to be quick, before the beautiful creature scurried off. I aim, and shoot. Heart shot. I hurriedly packed my things and left to retrieve my turkey prize.

I don't exactly want to be weird... but the psychiatrists wanted me to write down EVERYTHING. Apparently I'm crazy. But as I was saying, I found the turkey and I... I was in love. Something drew me to this beast. I was in love with an animal. I picked up the turkey and cradled it in my arms, carful not to let anyone take my beast away. I had forgotten that I had already killed the turkey. I put the turkey in the back seat and buckled her in. I get in the truck and start it. It showed 6:23 a.m. on my truck clock. I kept catching myself glancing in the rear view mirror, starring at this beautiful creature. At one point, we hit a bump and her head moved. It looked like she was looking at me. I would blush when seeing her looking back at me.

I arrived home and put my love in the freezer. I could hear my wife and her tennis instructor going at it upstairs. I decided to take a shower and nap before having to go to work. I didn't care if I had to hear my wife and her tennis instructor, for I was in love for the first time in my life.

With my beautiful beast..