Chapter 2 - Abandonment

As I arrive to work, around 9 a.m., I received glares from my work associates. This was an everyday thing, it arose when I first started working here. I never really fit in anywhere. I sat down in my desk chair, mentally preparing myself for the long day of work ahead of me.

I suddenly hear a series of knocks on my office door. I look through the glass to see it was my boss, and he didn't look pleased at all. I went to open the door, but my boss barges in. "Can you do anything right, Mr.Elders?!", my boss screamed at me.

He threw a stack on papers onto my desk. They went everywhere. "I DEMAND these be corrected by 2:30, or your FIRED!", he finished. As he leaves he slams my office door. I jump slightly at the sound of the door meeting the wall. However, I didn't mind if I got fired though. All I could think about, right now, was the beautiful turkey at my home, waiting for my to return.

Even if I WAS fired. Is that a bad thing? I mean, who would really care? I don't receive much money from this dump anyways! Even if I did get good money from work, it would all be invested into divorcing my whore of a wife.

As I looked over the papers, I started to correct my mistakes. Mistake after mistake. How did I mess up on these papers so terribly?

It was around 12:30 when I was finally finished. There must have been at LEAST 100 papers for me to correct. I still can't belive it took me three hours to correct the papers. Oh well, at least they're done now. I walk over to my bosses office and put the finished papers in the mail box beside his door. Hopefully I don't have to correct them again..

I decided to walk down to the work cafeteria. I definitely wasn't going home to my wife and her tennis instructor. Been there, done that. No thanks, not again. I arrive to the cafeteria and received more dirty looks from everyone. Well, Joe didn't. Joe understood me. He listening to the things I had to say. You could tell he had been working here for a while, his knowledge on the work place and his short grey hair shows it.. His eyes were solid black. I had never seen anything like it. Joe was a taller man, maybe 6'4 or 6'5. Joe was a good person and an amazing friend. However, Joe doesn't work Mondays.

I didn't go get trays anymore. The lunch ladies always threw my food around and got it on my suit. I made my way over to the vending machines to get my usual. A bag of Cool Ranch Doritos, a chocolate chip cookie, and a water. I went to the corner of the room and sat in my usual spot. It was like my own safe haven. Only Joe and I sat here.

As I ate my food, I thought of the conflict I have at home. A good for nothing wife and her tennis instructor, doing it on MY bed. I payed for that tennis instructor. I payed for that bed. Hell! I payed for the whole damn house! All by myself! I don't understand why I still let this go on. Maybe I was used to the felling of being hurt. Betrayal... Dishonesty... Complete abandonment...