Prologue

Who am I? Oh well that's easy, if you live in Ikabukuro. I am Naomi Heiwajima, well I go by that last name probably because I don't know my real last name. I am mostly known as the Blind Bullseye in the city. People don't know my real identity because I wrap my eyes up with bandages when I go to my job. My job is to catch people who have done something extremely bad. In other words I'm like the police. Only I finish with them before the real police come.
     For example, this little bunch of people decided they wanted to kidnap this poor little kid on the streets. God I hate it when people disrespect the homeless! So I took care of the little group and the kid made it out with out a scratch.
     Now I don't mean I'm not known with my normal identity, every one knows not to make me sad or pissed off. If they do I'll either shoot them, because I always carry a gun or my brother will kill them. In the public people see me as the famous Shizuo Heiwajima's little sister. They say that because he raised me.
   Now you see when I was a little kid my parents were killed in front of me. My mother was in the police force and my father was in the army. We had guns practical every where around the house. When the murder got into our house he cut my fore head so I wrapped my eyes and fore head with bandages to stop the blood from reaching my eyes. I don't know how I did this or how I am doing it now but some how I new exactly where a shotgun was and shot the man directly in the head.
    After my parents death I went to live on the streets. I would go out and try to ask people for help but it was like I didn't exist. I found a stray kitten and took it in. I felt bad for it and thought to myself, "We'd be better off together." I named him Ash.

Flashback to when Shizuo took in Naomi (in other words when he was a senior in high school)
   One day as Ash and I were out walking I heard a cry of pain coming around a corner. I put Ash on my shoulders and went around the corner. To my surprise a man flew back landing at my feet. People were already there watching the fight.
   I looked up to see who threw the punch. I saw a man with blonde hair in a white shirt and jeans. He look exasperated. I grinned as I saw him pull a sign out of the ground and swung it at the gang he was swinging the sign as if it was a baseball bat. My grin turned to a huge smile as he stopped.
    He had won. People started running away. I Looked around and started clapping. "That was so amazing! To awesome to be true!" I said smiling. The man looked at me confused and said, "Hey kid what are ya cheering for?" I looked up and put Ash in my arms and started petting him. "You of corse silly!" I turned around and walked away. I could feel him still staring at me confused.
   The next day I saw him get in another fight. As I did the day before I clapped and cheered. When I got the chance to see him fight I would. One day as he finished a fight he turned around to see me again smiling like a fool. "Hey kid." He asked, "why do you like me so much?"
"Well, I kinda...um...well I uh... I kinda look up to you."
   "Really?"
"Uh huh."
"That's weird. Most of the time people are more afraid than look up to me."
    "Well, that's just me! I don't like violence that much but I mean I think it's cool how you can take out a whole gang." I smiled and turned around to go back to my alleyway. Then I heard the man say, "hey kid, what's your name?" I turned around and said, "Naomi."
    "Naomi. Nice name. You have a home?" I looked at him and shook my head. "Well you know you could stay with me." He said.
"No way?! Really?" I asked excited.
    "Yeah sure." He said. He started walking away. I put Ash on my shoulders and quickly walked after him.
"Hey, I told you my name now you tell me yours!" I said looking up at him.
     "Shizuo Heiwajima." Shizuo replied.
"Cool!"

Shizuo's POV
Flashback to when he took Naomi in
    I looked at the little girl and she asked, "Hey, I told you my name now you tell me yours!"
"Shizo Heiwajima." I replied.
"Cool!" She said happily. What was I doing? This wasn't like me. What was this feeling I felt when I looked at her.
    I just couldn't put my finger on it.
"Hey so if I'm staying with you can I keep Ash? Oh and can you teach me to be strong like you?" She asked taking the kitten of her shoulders and showing it to me.
   I smiled at her lightly and said, "yeah,"
That was it the word, connected. I felt connected to her and I don't now why.
   "Maybe she reminds me of me? You know what I'm just gonna forget about it." I looked down at her, "Sweet kid." I thought.
I still don't know the reason I took her in I guess I just felt like she was kin.