Awkward (Chapter Two)

~Mark's P.O.V.~

"Shit." I muttered under my breath as I realized how late I had woken up.

2:45pm

Jack had already been on his plane for almost 3 hours. I had to start cleaning up, I couldn't let him come all the way to L.A. to stay in a messy apartment.

I started making the bed and tidying everything up when I started worrying. What if he changed his mind? What if he missed his plane? God, I hope nothing goes wrong. I really want to see him.

I decide to check my Skype to see if he'd messaged me before he left.

"Oh thank goodness." I sighed in relief as I saw a message from Jack that read " Hey, Mark. I'm about to leave for the airport. I hope you're as excited as I am. See you soon. :)"

I couldn't stop smiling at the message, but decided not to reply.

Uh oh.. the butterflies again.
Fuck. What has gotten into me?
I don't like Jack as anything more than a friend. I'm just excited to finally meet him..
Yeah..
Thats all it is..

-le time skip-

"Ugh. Finally done. This place was messier than I thought."
I flopped down on the freshly made bed, relieved that I was finally done cleaning.
I checked to see what time it was.

7:00pm

I should probably get going now. The airports 45 minutes away and Jack will probably be hungry so I'll stop to get some food on the way.
I threw on a pair of jeans and a nice button up shirt so I could at least look decent for Jack. I quickly fix my fading pink hair before I grabbed my keys and wallet and walk out the door.

~Jack's P.O.V.~

I've been on this fucking plane for almost 8 hours. The anticipation of seeing Mark is killing me.

It should be 8 o'clock already. I'm so ready to get off this plane. Ugh.

I sigh loudly and impatiently. It seemed like every little thing was frustrating me. I just want to run & jump into Mark's strong arms..
Wait, no. Jack, that's weird. I told myself, embarrassed at the thought, even though no one heard it.
I shouldn't be thinking this way about my best friend.
He'd probably think I was a freak if he knew the things I thought about him..

I was pulled out of my thoughts when the flight attendant said over the speakers "we will be arriving in L.A. very shortly."

"Fucking finally." I exclaimed, a little too loud, earning weird looks from strangers.
But I didn't care.

All I cared about was Mark.

I gathered all the stuff I had brought, which wasn't much.
I was one of the last ones off the plane, because I was nervous and honestly stalling a bit.
I just needed to think about what I was going to say to him.
I finally gathered up the courage and slowly walked off the plane.

~Mark's P.O.V.~

I arrived at the airport at exactly 7:56pm. My heart was racing faster with every minute that passed.

This was really happening.

I waited in the lobby for what seemed like ages. Even though it was only 10 minutes before people started to arrive.
Every person who walked in that door and wasn't Jack let me down.
I was starting to worry again..
Until I finally saw him.
Oh. My. God. He was perfect.

He didn't see me.
He was on his phone doing something, probably texting me, seeing if I was here to pick him up.
I decided to surprise him.
I ran up to him while he was distracted by his phone and tackled him with a hug. He let out a surprised and startled sound. I just laughed because I was so happy to finally see him.
I already loved having my arms wrapped around him.
I was too caught up in the moment to care if that was wrong or not.