You feel like home. (Chapter Three)

~Jack's P.O.V.~

"We're here" Mark says as he looks over at me.
I give him a nervous smile before getting out of the car.
He helps me carry my bags in, despite my insisting that I could handle it.

"Come on, you just had an 8 hour flight. You must be exhausted. The least I can do is help you carry your bags."
Mark says with a puppy dog face.
How could I deny him with that face?
"Ugh. Fiiine." I reply as I playfully roll my eyes at him.

I follow him to the 3rd floor. He lives in number 13.
"Your place is really nice."
I told him, trying to sound as casual as I could.

"Thanks" Mark says, half smiling. "It's not much, though."

"It's perfect, actually. I love it."
Mark doesn't reply, as he's already putting away my things for me. He's such a generous person. I don't want to take him for granted. "Really, Mark, I can do that. You've done so much for me already."

"Alright, alright" he says, finally giving in. "You can just put your things in my room. I don't have an extra bedroom so you can sleep on the couch if you'd like. Its really comfy."

It'd be comfier to sleep in your arms. That thought surprised me but now there was no denying that my feelings for Mark were more than plutonic.

"That'll be fine" I finally said, with a friendly smile. "Thank you again for this, Mark. I really appreciate it."

"It's no problem. It's what friends are for."

That sentence hurt more than it should've.

~Mark's P.O.V~

"It's what friends are for"..

" Wow, Mark. " I thought to myself. "Stop trying so hard to hide your feelings. He probably doesn't even suspect anything. You're making yourself look stupid."

I scolded myself for being so awkward, before telling Jack I was tired and heading to bed. It was just an excuse to get some time to think about things.

"Okay, I'm getting a little tired myself. Jet lag sucks." Jack says with a chuckle. "Goodnight Mark! See you in the morning."

"Goodnight." I reply with a half smile.

I flop down on my bed and I'm finally alone with my thoughts.
I have a tendency to over think things. Maybe it's just a phase but what if my feelings keep getting stronger and Jack doesn't feel the same.? Maybe I'm just excited to meet him. Maybe these feelings aren't even what I think they are.
Forget it. I'll try to figure things out in the morning.
I try to get the thoughts of Jack out of my head as I drift off to sleep. Both anxious and nervous about what tomorrow might bring.

~end of chapter three. ~