Chapter 3- THE date

Chapter 3: The Date

We smiled at each other again and walked towards the cafe right next to the pastry store we had just been at. I looked at the time on my phone and it was nearing 7:00PM. He put his arm around me and asked, “Still cold?” .. “I’m much warmer now.” I replied with the goofiest smile. Again, he opened the door for me into the cafe and I went in first. Zayn was now in front of me leading me to the table at the very back corner of the cafe. He pulled out a chair for me and signalled me to sit. I very much swooned inside.

“So Holly, tell me about yourself.” he asked as he sat down. His eyes were locked on mine which made me feel a bit intimidated and under pressure like I had to come up with something great about myself to keep him interested. Searching through my head I froze and didn’t know what to say. So I figured I’d just talk without thinking and hope for the best.

“Well, I like candle lit dinners, long walks on the beach, and being serenaded with a guitar.” I laughed at my stupidity and said “No, I’m just joking.” Zayn smiled a genuine smile. “Well I like doing those things.” I swear I felt my eye twitch when he said that. Everything he did or said would make me go crazy inside.

“Nice one. But seriously, hm, well where do I start? I just finished university and-“ he cut me off, “What did’ya study??”

“A Bachelor of Commerce, double major in Accounting and I.T. Boring I know but I actually do find it interesting and that’s where the money’s at!” I smiled and began to fiddle with the sugar packets in front of me.

“That’s not boring at all. AlI that matters is that you enjoy what you do. Plus I think intelligence is sexy.”

As soon as the last sentence left his mouth my eyes widen with shock. Did Zayn Malik hint that I was sexy? Before I could respond to this gobsmacking remark, we were interrupted,

“Can I take your orders?” the girl said.

“Sure! Can I get a cup of Yorkshire tea?” Zayn replied, “And for the lovely lady….?”

I blushed, “I’ll have the same but with a croissant, thanks!”

“Food again?” Zayn cheekily asked,

“Shut up!” I replied as I playfully hit his arm.

He sat more upright and looked at me, eyes full of interest. “So if you just finished university then, how old are you?”

“Well! I’m currently 20 but in a couple weeks I’m turning 21. Which is pretty daunting and I c-“ he cut me off again. “What! I’m turning 21 in a couple of weeks too!! When is your birthday?!”

“12th of January. When’s yours?”

“You’re joking! That’s my birthday too!” Zayn’s beautiful smile was so wide at this point and you could clearly tell how surprised he was. Being the committed fan I am, I already knew we had the same birthday. But his excitement caught onto me and I felt so surprised that it actually looked like I found out about it for the first time too.

“That’s sick! What are the odds!”, he winked at me and slouched back into his chair. He never failed to make me smile, and it seemed like every time I did, his smile would only get bigger. I fell into another trance staring into his gorgeous brown eyes, getting lost.. and forgetting where I was - until we were interrupted. Again.

“Two Yorkshire teas and a croissant!”

“Thank you!” we both said in harmony. Good God, I thought to myself. We just had an Emily and Carmello moment.

I quickly picked up my croissant and shoved it in my mouth. Classy, I know, but I couldn’t help it. I still hadn’t had a decent meal since yesterday and I was hungry to the point where I would eat a horse.