Confused Hearts and Minds

So I know some of you might want me to go back to some more R&A, but I really enjoy telling R&U's story because they are my favorite pair. I will try to do more R&A, but just warning you; there is still a lot of R&U. I might also skip to when the next generation is a bit older. This is my longest chapter, at least it is for now. Enjoy!
~DJPandaGirl

DISCLAIMER: I don't own Ranma ½, so ya.

Btw- Anything written like 'this' are thoughts. I am going to try something new where I name each POV after a certain emotional state or feeling that relates to what the character is feeling. Just an experiment. I have also decided on Kasumi's baby's name. And I have a little surprise. I won't spoil it though. ;)

Chapter 5- Confused Hearts and Minds

Ranma's POV- Awkwardness

Waking up is always pleasant for me. It's one of the best parts of my day; seeing Akane sleeping. It sounds creepy, but she is always so calm and cute. The exact opposite of when we were 16.

I hopped down the stairs and started jogging down the street. Akane usually jogs too, but I like to beat her to it by waking up earlier. Even if that means waking up at 5:30. I still keep fit and look just as I did 11 years ago. Akane and I are both young for having two 4 year olds at 27. Our best friends are the only ones who we know that had kids at 23. You can't blame us though. Pressurized to be married at 16 really takes its toll on how old you are when you decide to get married. After the first (failed) wedding, Akane and I drew closer together until we were officially a couple during our senior year at Furinkan. Marrying her was one of the best choices of my life. I'll never regret that.

I slowed to a stop in front of Ucchan's Okonomiyaki. I pulled out the key Ryoga gave me and unlocked the door. I sat on a stool next to the grill. Surprisingly, Ucchan walked down the stairs.

"Oh! Ranchan! Why are you here so early? Don't you need to get ready for your Friday classes?" she asked startled.

"Hey, Ukyo! I am waiting for Ryoga so we can go jog. Class isn't until 8:30, anyways. What are you doing up so early?" I replied.

"I was about to go for a jog myself. Ryoga didn't tell me he is supposed to jog with you! He's not even up yet." she answered with a huff.

"Why don't I join you since Ryoga doesn't seem to be waking up anytime soon?" she suggested, glancing at their bedroom door.

"Sure, Ucchan!"

We started down the street talking every once and awhile. Ucchan still had her bandolier slung across her shoulders and her battle spatula strapped to her back.

"Ucchan, why are you wearing your spatula? Doesn't it make it hard to run?" I asked in between breaths.

"Oh you know, just in case. You never know when you might run into trouble."

"Humph. Makes sense." I replied as we passed the park.

Other runners passed us, some awwing. One woman who looked a few years younger than us called us the cutest couple she has ever seen. Ukyo blushed. "Oh, we're not... We're just... Ummm... We're just..."

"We are j-just really c-close friends. We are already married to others. Right, Ucchan?" I finished for her, stuttering.

"R-right, Ranchan!" she replied, following my stutter.

The jogger replied,"Well, your spouses are very lucky to be married to such good-looking people! Have a nice day!" and turned and went on her way.

Ukyo and I stared at each other for a moment. 'I only like Ucchan as a friend. I only love Akane, right?!' I pushed the thought aside when I felt warm blood start to seep out of my nose. I quickly turned and pinched my nose.