o5

not edited.

and i'm so sorry i just realised i haven't updated in a long time so here it is.

The past few days have been quite; the first signs of winter were appearing; with the leaves already dead and gone the air was cold and cruel. And the café was no difference; the same old boring person with the same attitude and never ending complains. It was tiring; sometimes I felt like bunking work but I couldn’t afford that.

I came to work early hoping to get some strong coffee before the day began.

“Morning.”  A voice sang behind me. I turned to look, “Chloe,” I said surprised “umm morning.” She looked at me, confused “why do you say that like you didn’t expect to see me here?” she asked. I was just a little shock, “because you always late.” I replied “and…” she cut me out “so?” she snapped back. She seemed a little offended.

“I’m sorry I didn’t mean to offend you. I’m just a little shocked.” I apologized “but do you want some coffee?” a big apologetic smile plastered on my face.

“Sure, why not.” She replied grabbing my hand and pulling me to the kitchen. After we made some coffee, we sat on a little table at the back. She was nicer and calmer today, a little strange for a girl who doesn’t know how to shut up.

“So, why you so early today?” she asked sipping her coffee. “I just wanted to grab a cup of coffee before work. I need it to get through.” I replied. She smiled, playing with her expressions “what?” I snapped.

“nothing.” She answered biting her lip. Glaring at her, she finally gave in

“okay.” She said “you sure you didn’t come here early so you could meet that hot guy who came here yesterday.”

A little confused and puzzled “what? No.” I replied “and what guy are you talking about.”

“You know the guy who came here,” she said, biting her lip she tried to remember “his name was…something with an n...”

“Nate!” she shouted. “Yes that’s his name.” I sat there; I didn’t know whether to say anything or not. I was a little surprised Nate came looking for me but part of me felt a little happy perhaps a little too happy.

“I…no that not why I came early.” I finally replied after a few moments of silence. She didn’t looked surprised, just gave me a naughty look.

“What?” I snapped.

“nothing.” She said before standing up and walking to the kitchen.

I turned to my coffee, clinching the cup in my hand I felt the warmth spreading all over my hand. Why would he be looking for me and what’s up with him? Why can’t he just leave me alone? Do I even want him to leave me alone, right now it feels like I’m standing on a cross road and I don’t know which path to choose. The past few days have been tough for me, I couldn’t stop thinking about him. Everywhere I went I kept looking around, my heart hoping I would spot him but why?

The memory of his face is burnt is my head, I just can’t get it out.