Red vs Black

A.N. This is a warning for implied smut. There is no actual smut. You'll have to find that somewhere else. Sorry.

New Years Eve. Ciel had been waiting for this night. The banners were hung, the decorations ready. Reapers, demons and humans alike would be gathered at the Phantomhive manor. And that night Ciel would give a special gift to a special someone.
"Grell. The party tonight is a costume party correct?" Ciel asks.
"Yes," Grell replies opening Ciel's closet.
"What were you thinking of going as?"
"I was going to have you dress as a king and I be your butler," he smiles at Ciel.
"I think I have a better idea."
"Sir?"

"Sir are you sure about this?" Grell adjusts the red cape on his shoulders and then adjusts Ciel's crown to sit lopsided on his head. Ciel fixes Grell's chains on the red jacket.
"Yes. I will be the black King and you the red King."
"If you insist sir," Grell kisses Ciel.
"Also I want a rematch," Ciel states.
"Same terms?"
"Yes. No one is to know its a rematch."
"If you wanted to win then you could have just ordered me to have lost."
"True but that would have been no fun. I wanted to win fair."Ciel smiles and leads Grell out and to the main hall. Everyone was there talking amongst themselves. They all turn to see the two kings at the top of the stairs.
"As you all came in you received a chess piece. Please find you places on the game board now," Ciel announced. Everyone moved to ther spots then Grell and Ciel took the king spots. They began to play.

"Grell! I am down to my pawn," William waves, "and you to your queen," Big Boss Death waves, "surrender now and death for your queen will be swift," Ciel belts to Grell. Grell chuckles.
"Not a chance. I'm not surrendering that easy," he takes a step forward and blocks William from moving. Ciel growls a bit and takes a side step. Grell moves Death to the corner. Ciel side steps back. Grell moves Death diagonal and takes William out. Ciel moves diagonal up one space. Grell steps back one. Ciel repeats his move. Grell moves death in a straight lie with him. Ciel steps forward one. Grell moves death up two spaces and has him in a knight position to Ciel. Ciel looks at Grell. Grell was toying with him. Ciel steps sideward one away from the queen. Grell steps forward one. Ciel steps back one. Grell move the queen in line with Ciel. Ciel steps diagonally forward. Grell moves up one to be two spaces behind death. Ciel goes diagonal one and ends up right I front of death. He was taking a chance. He can't see if Grell is right behind death or not.
"Youre move. Reminder you're in check," Grell says from behind Death. Ciel takes the chance. He takes out death and steps onto his spot. He ends up face to face with Grell. He raises his hand and Grell takes hold of his wrist, stepping into the square with him.
"Check mate," Grell whispers. Ciel looks at him wide eyed.
"You were toying with me."
"I wanted to take you out myself," Grell chuckles.
"Well that was quite a good game Lord Sutcliff," Ciel accepts his defeat. Some of the guest look dumbfounded. Grell and Ciel walk to the dining room with all the other guests following. Ciel sits at the head of the table with Grell at his right and Elisabeth at his left. The rest of the guests sit and start to talk.
8pm
Bard and Mei rin bring out dinner for everyone. Grell insist on helping but Ciel orders him not to. He was a guest for the night.
8:45pm
Desert is served. Grell and Ciel talk to each other. Elisabeth feels a bit left out and so talks to William and Ronald beside her.
9:30pm
The guests gather in the main hall for ball room dancing. Grell insists on a dance with Ciel and one with Elisabeth.  William ends up dancing with a voodoo doll of Sasha. Death hits on nearly every lady there and they all find him to be a creeper. Accept one. She dances with him.
10:30pm
Bard brings out wine and vodka for the guests. He even brings out spirits and scotch. Most any alcohol is there.
11:45pm
Ciel takes Grell's hand and slips them away from the party and to his room. Ciel goes a few steps in the takes the cape and hat off.
"Done with the party?" Grell asks taking his cape and crown off.
"Yes. The crown was starting to bother me," Ciel says. Grell take a off the jacket.
"Keep going," Ciel says.
"Sir?" Grell looks at him a bit confused then removes his shirt. Ciel takes his jacket and shirt off.
"I have a special present for a special someone. That someone being you. I meant to give it to you on Christmas but things happened," Ciel says.
"You don't have to sir," Grell sits beside Ciel.
"I want to."
"Alright then," Grell nods. He wasn't going to fight Ciel on it.
"I want to give you me."
"Sir?"
"Well not so much me as in me me. I mean me as in-"
"I know what you mean.  But sir, that's not special. That's priceless. Are you sure you e thought this through?"
"Yes. I am. I don't love Elisabeth. I love you Grell. And I want to give you something that I can't give anyone else."
"..." Grell pulls Ciel in and kisses him. Ciel puts his arms around Grell's neck.
"Now. Do I have to order you?" Ciel asks jokingly.
"No sir. Unless you want to," Grell smirks playfully.