INTRODUCTION

Introduction

Mackenna's POV

I stand at the window, the rain splashing effortlessly against the glass. The ache in my chest is clearly still there but only dull. The temptation to take that cool mmetal blade back over my freshly healed scars was much more instense and I absentmindedly ran a few fingers over my wrist, where the worst of them show clear as day. My emotions overflow and spill, a few wet,warm salty tears run down my face and I  watch as one falls to the floor. I don't dare turn around, I sense Adrian there and I dont want him to see me cry, to see me in such a vulnerable state. I push open the window and press my face against the screen, listening to the water droplets splatter against the road. I look up at the cloudy dark sky through my own glistening grey eyes and breathe in the moist, refreshing scent of rain and spring. I close the window gently and feel Adrian step silently back into the shadows before I turn around and step back into my room, lightly closing the wooden door behind me. Walking over to the closet, my bare feet tickled by the white fluffy carpet beneath me. I open the big closet doors and slightly panic at the sudden pitch blackness of the closet. Quickly flicking the light switch to the dim light over head, I step into the closet and push the door closed, only left open a crack. I spin back around and look at my walk in closet, all the clothes hanging freely, limply from their hangers and start going through each rack, each hanger, gently gliding them aside. I stop at a smooth, black dress, fitted at the top with 2/3 length sleeves and the skirt poofing out slightly, the fitted part with black lace. I yank my grey tank top off and drop it on the floor, it landed with a slight thump. Then, I stripped off my shorts,leaving my bruised and scarred body in my simple black bra amd black boyshort under wear. I slip the cool cotton material off the blueish hanger and over my head letting it drop down to just above my knees, where it ended. Turning back towards the door, I leave my clothes where they were and pull open lightly painted door, stepping back into the bedroom. As I look around, I think about how much I dont care if my beds made or not. "Just fuck it." I thought miserably. I left the dark purple bedspread sprawled across the bed messily, the black pillows on the floor where they'd fallen while she slept. Or nightmared, if you want to be specific. I stumbled into the bathroom and again slightly panicked at the darkness, flipping on the brighter light above the sink and mirror. Staring at my haunted, sad light grey eyes, I wonder what snapped inside me. I look carefully at my full bright red lips, dry but healthy and purse my lips. My small, almost pointed nose, my carefully carved jawline, my smooth pale complexion and those big, haunting grey eyes. I run my fingers through my long, almost wasit length, thick black hair. I pull on the silver painted knob and opened the drawer, pulling out my brush and my eyeliner, my foundation and my mascara. Looking back up at my pale skin, my face scrunched into a pained, sad expression. Bending down slightly, I reach into my drawer for my tube of bright red lipstick, I hear a light thump. My heart instantly speeds up and is pounding so hard I could feel it through my chest. I freeze, feeling something brush up against my dress. With a terrified expression plastered on my face, I slowly look up and into the mirror. Behind me is a dark, misty sillohuette, tall and looming over me. Then, as I hear the rain pattering against the roof outside and the sound of my own petrified heavy breathing, I feel that light dull ache in my chest, a new searing pain in my head, I fall to the ground and my light body lands with a thump against the shaggy rug on the floor of my bathroom in front of the mirror.