chapter 1

Katie pov:  

"Katie!" I heard my name being called by the teacher as she interrupted my thoughts.

I seriously hated this class to me it wasn't important. I looked at the teacher and gave her a face as in what do you want.

"can you please pay more attention Katie ?" she looked at me then rolled her eyes to face the bored.

I sighed and just went back to my thoughts. I was happy for today it was a sunny day I love days like this. I wore a pair of white shorts and  a black flowy top with my red chucks. I straightened My long brown hair. My big green eyes made me stand out more. Personally I hated my eyes I don't know why I just always did. I looked at the clock above the door and luckily it was almost time to leave. I packed my belongings in my black billa bong back pack. I got up and went straight to the door as I was about to leave when someone called my name.

"Katie where do you think your going?" I rolled my eyes knowing it was the teacher god I hated her.

I didn't even turn around to face her.

"I'm leaving" and then the bell rang. I walked out headed to my locker.

I seen a short girl leaned against my locker a smile planted on my face.

" Carolina " I yell as I run towards her and embraced her in a hug.

Carolina has been my best friend since kindergarten. We both are in the 12th grade our birthdays are a month apart. Were both 17. She is very shy and doesn't open up to people until she really felt comfortable with them an that's why she didn't have that many friends well besides me. Carolina loved warm weather just like me she was wearing her high waist light blue shorts with a white flowery shirt with her doc martins, she had her dark brown hair in a messy bun, when she wore glasses it makes her big sparkly brown eyes pop out.

"hey babe, what you up too?" I said with a smile on my face.

"nothing much just waiting for you, oh do you want to come over after school?" she looked up at me for an answer.

"yeah sure I will meet you at your house then." I smiled.

We made small talk then the bell rang to go to 2nd period. We have all the same classes except 1st because unlike me Carolina takes AP biology. We grabbed our stuff an headed to class. We walked in class and sat towards the back. Me an Carolina unpacked our stuff. I Spent most of class time doing anything but class work while Carolina usually worked her butt off because she was the kind of person who had straight A's on almost every report card.

Carolina's P.O.V. 

As me and Katie went to our English class we entered and went straight to our seats. I got my stuff out an started working but I dazed off and started to think about my parents. They were in the process of getting a divorce I was worried because my mom was heart broken about my dad cheating on her. She walked in on him at work. They were making out in his office. My dad always said he loved my mom but i guess it was all just an act. The women my dad had an affair with was way younger than him and she wasn't very pretty. When my mom told me this I was heartbroken I couldn't handle it and when my mom told me the reason why there were separating. I couldn't even look at my dad I haven't talked to him in a month. I really didn't care about him anymore he ruined my moms life. I'm still heartbroken but I have gotten better with everything.

"Carolina!" I shot my head up to look at the teacher.

I was completely lost I didn't even know what we were doing.

"Carolina can you please answer the question?" I looked at her confused.

"I'm....I'm sorry Ms.Ross-" I got cut off by someone behind me .