Fallen Celestial Part 20

Here we go everyone, the chapter i've been itching to write since i started this story and the climax of the GMG arc. enjoy!

The bar was deathly quiet as the first and six masters walked shakily through the door. Even Natsu, who had to be secured with even more rope and had even been frozen in place after Gray had grown too frustrated with the dragon slayers constant whining, had grown quiet as he watched the two make their way back to the bar.

Makarov slowly made his way to his spot on the bar, his hand grabbing a mug of ale that Mira had placed in front of him. Erza glanced around the room to see every member's eyes on the Master but their mouths remained closed. Everyone wanted to ask the question on everyone's minds but lacking the courage to bring the question forward. And so Erza, shaking her head to clear her mind of her dark thoughts, took a step forward and stared at the Master with a piercing gaze.

"Master...what happened?" Erza asked nervously, causing nearly everyone present to hold their breaths.

However the master said nothing, he simply stared down at his drink with a distant and sad look on his face. And so the first master, seeing that her successor was currently unable to answer, turned to look at the red headed requip mage with a sorrowful look upon her face.

"I-it was Lucy...our Lucy."

Almost instantly Levy gave off a choked crying noise as her legs gave out, leaving her sobbing on the ground as she covered her eyes in a futile attempt to stop the tears. Erza staggered back as if she had been struck her eyes wide and her mouth open as she tried to make sense of what she had just heard. Mira covered her mouth as silent tears began to fall from her eyes, her brother instantly placing a comforting hand around her shoulder. Gray fell powerlessly to his knees, his face blank as the truth dawned on him. Cana cursed under her breath as she slammed her mug down on the bar, running a hand down her face.

But none of their reactions were on the level of Natsu's. The second the truth was revealed his flames burned away the rope and ice, leaving him free to move. However the young dragon slayer only slumped further down on the floor, his face a mixture of pain and sorrow as he clutched at the golden key that lay beneath his scarf. His breath came in short jagged gasps as he struggled to remain conscious. Lucy...you're alive! I...I'm so glad. Despite everything that's happened.

"No...no it can't be! How...we looked so hard and for so long and all we found was her blood. How could she survive if we couldn't find a single one of her hairs?" Gray questioned as he jumped back up with a look of rage on his face.

"According to her, the demon lord of Pride saved her life. A demon lord named Abaddon." Makarov explained slowly as he eyed each member one at a time.

"Then it's true! That really was a demon lord?" Levy cried out, still lying on the ground.

"It appears so and the magic that seeped from his body would stand to support her claim of his origins." Mavis explained as she recalled the black magic that had surrounded the demon lord and shuddered at the memory of it.

All of Fairy Tail were silent as they thought of the fact that their celestial mage was now in the company of demons.

"Well that's all well and good, but why didn't you bring Lucy back with you Master?" Cana questioned, wishing that she had been drinking before finding out the truth.

It was then that Makarov's face turned to face everyone present, his eyes narrowed and his hands clenched at his sides. "She claimed that one of our own had betrayed her and tried to kill her. And that until she claims vengeance she will never forgive us." He said with barely contained rage.