I will take care of you

Chapter 2 - I will take care of you

I ran to the house where I left my brother. I have to get out of here and look somewhere safe.

I saw a soldier ahead, I duck on the side of a house. He was standing in front of my house.

A voice called him and he left. I looked to the side to see if anyone was around. When I didn't see anyone I dash to my house, I opened the door and I rushed inside.

I closed the door quickly. I looked where I had left my baby brother, I could see a tiny lump where my brother laid underneath the blanket, I took the blanket off him he grabbed his tiny feet.

He looked so small. He lost his parents too young, we both did. A tear rolled out of my eye. I was snapped out of my thoughts when I heard gunshots outside.

I wipe the tear away and wrapped my brother on the blanket. I heard heavy footsteps in front of my house. I felt my heart start to pound loudly.

I looked down at my brother, large innocent hazel eyes , just like mine, stared back at me. He looked at me, focusing a little, he smile and his eyes unfocused again but he kept smiling.

I guess he is still little to focus his eyes at least he recognizes me. " I will keep you safe, I promise. Even if I have to risk my life no one will hurt you" I gave him a quick kiss on his cheek.