Prologue

I could only run up the stairs as fast as my feet would let me. Loud footsteps could be heard not far behind me.

"Get back here you little shit! You will fucking regret ever talking back to me!" He yelled. Refusing to stop I stumbled over a step. That was enough. That one small stumble was enough for him to grab me and hold me down.

"Dad stop! Please, PLEASE DAD PL-" Pleading for him to stop made everything worse. Tears started streaming down my face with every hit. After awhile you go numb. I could only feel a sharp pain once and a while. I can taste the small salty tears that slip into my mouth now and then.

"Good for nothing bitch." he scowled. Spitting on my face, he didn't even look at me one last time before walking out the door.

All I could do was lay there. My whole body inflicted with pain, I couldn't move. Breaking down, the only thing I can do is cry. My bottom lip trembled and a knot hitched in my throat. My throat started to burn as I held my stomach, trying not to make any sound so he didn't come for me again.

At this moment I have no one. The world is closing in around me and I feel like I am suffocating in the dark. Alone. Managing to turn myself over onto my stomach my whole body just wanted to go limp. Slowly and painfully, I crawled up the stairs to my room. Collapsing on my floor all I could do was cry myself to sleep. Maybe tomorrow would be different. Maybe someone would come for me..