chapter 2

I open my eyes to a small hospital room.

“Hi Miss Palmer, how are you doing?” A man in a white hospital coat asks. He was tall and scrawny with dark brown hair and blue eyes.

“My head is pounding. How long have I been here?”

“Only a few hours ma’am.”

The doctor turns and walks out of the room slamming the door behind him. I laid in the hospital bed for a while, and began thinking about all the things that happened during the break in. My thoughts were interrupted when I heard a knock at the door. A young man dressed in a police uniform walks in the room. I shift a little in the hospital bed. I look up and down at the man. He was tall and muscular with sandy brown hair.  His eyes were we’re light green with gold flecks. He had smooth tan skin.

“Hello?” I asked not taking my eyes off his muscled arms.

“Hi ma’am I’m here to ask you some questions about what happened.”

His voice was deep, but comforting. I nod my head indicating to go on. He pulled up a chair next to my bed and sat down. The muscles on his arms bulged as he crossed his arms across his chest.

“What were you doing earlier today before the break in?”

“I took a walk with one of my roommates.” The police officer raised his eye brow.

“Did you notice anything unusual on your walk?”

“No. We got lost and walked around for an hour, but nothing weird stood out.”

“Did you see what the man looked like?”

“No” I shook my head. “I didn’t see what he looked like. He was strong though, and his voice was deep.”

He continued asking me questions for a while.

“Thank you ma’am.” He stood up and wiped his hands on his pants. “My name’s Jacob Williams if you need to get in touch with me here’s my number.” He grabbed a piece of paper and a pen from the bed side table. “Call me if anything else happens. But I hope you’ll use it even if nothing happens.” He said with a wink as he handed me the piece of paper. A smile spread across his face showing his perfect, white teeth. He moved the chair back to the wall and walked out.

I looked down at the paper and smiled.

***

“Call him!” Molly screams over the sound of the TV. It had only been a few days since the break in.

“No.”

“Why? He’s a hot police officer what’s not to like?”

“I’m just not. God turn down the TV.” I say trying to snatch the remote away.

“Those are some sexy sweat pants.” Chris says as he walks in to the living room. “You wearing those to the club tonight?”

“Haha very funny Chris.” Molly says. “We’re about to get ready.”

“Me and Danny are leaving in an hour and we aren’t waiting for you guys.”

I push myself off the couch and head to my room. I pull on a tight fitting black dress and slip on some neon pink heels.

“Do you like this dress?” I turn to see Molly standing in my door way in the exact same dress as me.

“No.” I say “I put it on first. I’m wearing it.”

“No I am wearing it. It’s the only thing I have to wear.”

“Chris! Danny! Come here now!” I scream.

“What do you need?” Danny walks into my room with a grey tee-shirt that clung to his muscles and dark jeans. His brown eyes twinkled. Chris followed behind him. They took one look up and down at us.

“Ally.” They both said and walked out of the room. Molly huffed as she turned and followed Chris and Danny out. We all finished getting ready seperately.

“Come on.” Danny shouts, followed by the sound of the car horn. We pile up in the car and drive to the club.

The club was dark and loud. There were people all over the dance floor.

“I’m going to get a drink.” Chris says

“Me too.” Danny follows behind him.

Molly and I made our way to the dance floor. The music was loud and the dance floor was crowded. The air was hot and sticky. With every move I made I could feel the people around me. I wasn’t dancing long before I realized Molly wasn’t next to me anymore. I started looking around for her. Finally I spotted her at the bar talking to a guy. I began to walk to her.

“Hello darling.” I hear a deep voice from behind me say.