Chapter 3

"Coke with ice please?" Kihyun ordered.

He had grown restless while waiting for Shownu. He thought maybe his elder was glad to be free of him. Then again it was Won Ho Shownu had gone after. Anything was possible with Won Ho. He leaned on the counter as sipped his coke, slipping glances Jooheon's way. Kihyun tried to be discreet; he really didn't want Jooheon to recruit him. Unlike Jooheon, Kihyun wasn't too keen to join a bunch of random people in a club. Even if the bunch of random were majority girls. Kihyun rolled his eyes.

"Got tired of all that tequila?" Hyungwon teased.

'God, he was tall' Kihyun mentally noted as he looked up at Hyungwon.

He wasn't sure how long he had been there but he didn't care to ask.

"Penny for your thoughts?" Hyungwon offered.

No, not even a million dollar would make Kihyun divulge the details of his earlier state. The refusal was communicated through an incredulous look in Kihyun's eyes. Hyungown shifted as he retrieved his wallet from his pocket. Gingerly, he dropped the coins on the glass bar top. The clinking of the coins over shadowed by the music.

"Every time I land a coin in the glass, you have to share what's on your mind and vice versa .If you miss, you have to share again," Hyungwon explained.

Kihyun was initially going to reject all interaction but he felt something unexpected in Hyungwon's tone. It was almost like the game was for him. Something needy.

"Okay but I go first," he retorted as he placed the empty glass between them.

He rubbed the coin between his fingers and flicked it into the cup. Mentally patting himself on the back, he turned to Hyungwon.

"Where do I start? Apparently I only made Monsta X because I look good. Apart from that, I don't display much talent," he blatantly stated as he tossed the coin into the glass.

"I call bullshit. That bullshit and you know it but anyway. Why are we all so buddy buddy. It's kind of weird. We were competitors not so long ago and now we acting like some make shift family," Kihyun complained.

He barely made his mark.

"Since when do we pick our friends. We think we do but the truth is that we attract what we reflect. We gravitate to those we vibe with. What greater vibe do we have other than our ambitions. That's what we really about, being the best collectively as Monsta X. People don't think that. We're just entertainment to them. Who's going to understand you more than us?" Hyungwon completed as he picked up a coin.

Kihyun casually moved the empty glass away. He felt like a child, a stubborn child.

"Lets talk about," Kihyun said as Hyungwon looked at him confused.

He was aware about al the bad media Hyungwon received upon succeeding in No Mercy. Of course no one brought it up but now he felt like they should have. He could see how Hyugwon perceived their lack of acknowledgment as agreement. Something like ' they probably don't want to talk about because its true.'

That was not the case.

"Its my tu-" Hyungown was interrupted.

"I'm too drunk for this," Kihyun stated casually, "I think you are a good singer. Your vocal range is limited but the quality is good. I really was impressed when you sang 'sexy back' and a bit envious. I could never sing in English that smoothly. I know Won Ho wins over the overall stage charisma but don't worry; he does it to all of us. All he needs to do is stick his tongue out. You don't have to be active with your visual. You just got to do you. If they choose to overlook your singing talent because they so caught on your visual, it's their lost. Fuck it. Focus on what you want and if it's singing; so be it. As you said, who's going to understand you more than us. In that case, you shouldn't trust anyone more than us," Kihyun stated as he maintained eye contact with his teammate.