Chapter 5

I opened my eyes and looked around. Where was I? I saw someone who looked like one of my friends.

"Oh. You're awake. That's good."

I exclaimed, "William? Is that you?"

"Yeah, it's me. I found you unconscious outside a warehouse. You were seriously injured, so I took you to my apartment."

I touched my head and winced. Warehouse? Emily!

I shouted, "Did you see a girl anywhere beside the warehouse?"

He looked at me puzzled, "No. You were the only guy I saw."

I grabbed him, "Are you sure?! You didn't see anyone else? Please think!"

He looked at me strangely and removed my hands, "Frank, you were the only person beside that warehouse. No one else."

I shook my head. Those bastards already took away Emily.

"Sorry. I was thinking about a person."

He asked, "Mind if you tell me who this person is?"

So, I told him everything about Emily.

He raised a fist and roared, "Those low-life gangsters. Wait. Where did you say they went?"

"Japan."

He smiled, "Frank. My father lives in Japan and he is boss of FireWind."

I gasped, "F-FireWind? That huge mafia group in Japan?"

He grinned, "Yes."

FireWind was the biggest mafia clan in Japan. Its authority was crazily big. Rumors said that even the Japanese government asks FireWind for help.

I asked skeptically, "Are you pulling my leg?"

He looked hurt, "Frank. How could you not believe me? Fine, look at this." He reached into his pocket and got his ID card from his wallet.

I looked and it said his father was: Kishimoto Hayate (boss of FireWind).

I apologized, "Sorry for not believing you."

"Hey, it's okay man."

I couldn't resist asking him, "If your father is in Japan, what are you doing in Canada?"

He grimaced, "I ran away because I couldn't take it anymore. Even though we were one of the richest families in Japan, the way we accumulated the fortune was through selling drugs, prostitution, killing rival clans, bribing the authorities, trafficking, etc."

I nodded. That was the way mafia clans worked.

He sighed, "But I guess I have no choice now. We'll go back and I'll ask my father to take care of those bastards."

I thanked him gratefully, "Thank you so much, man. You don't know much your help means to me."

He punched me playfully, "Don't thank me. That's what friends are for."

Emily, don't worry. I'll come save you.

Suddenly, I realized my parents were still waiting at home.

"Will, my parents are still waiting at home. I have to go home and tell them."

He nodded, "I'll come with you."

xuid|n