Chapter 13- First Day

"You ready?"

"Of course!"

Foxy pushed through the doors leading into the school, his fingers still keeping their tight grip on Maggie's hand. He knew it wasn't really his place to worry. He shouldn't even be the one worried in the first place. But still, he couldn't help but wonder if something could or would go wrong. It was her first day back, she'd have a lot to catch up on, and plus, she couldn't walk too well just yet.

Also, though this was less of an issue, it was the first day that him and Maggie were a thing. They were a thing, right? He hoped they were.

There were flowers and banners as far as the eye could see, each of them saying something like "Welcome back!". Foxy had personally made sure the student council set them up.

"I-I really don't need all this attention..." Mangle stuttered out as she looked around, her voice a whisper.

"Nonsense. You've been through a lot. And either way, you deserve it."

"R-really! All I did was get hit by a car."

"Don't say stuff like that..."

"It's true, though! Now I'm just gonna be everyone's token disabled friend, the 'inspirational' story on the nightly news... I... I don't know if I can do that."

"I-" Foxy came to an abrupt pause in his speech. He hadn't even thought of that. "... I... uh... I'm sorry... I'll... I'll try to help!"

"It's not that. Ugh, I must sound so depressing. Just don't worry about it, okay?" She flashed him a tiny smile.

"... okay." The first bell rang, and they were off to class.