Safety First

Yesterday was strange. I'm absolutely terrified to go back to the training room. Not only because of my secret visitor, but also because of Kayla.

Who knew someone could be so scary? Seriously though!

She may be a delicate porclain doll on the outside, but on the inside; she's a viscous snake.

I don't really have a choice whether to go or not... unless getting executed is a viable option.

I think back to how Kayla had said that there was new leadership. If our instructors were replaced, was it possible Sophia and Holly, maybe even Al, were replaced too?

And what about that mystery person,or possibly my imagination? I am so confused right now, and my secret visitor and mystery person aren't helping. I have a gut feeling those two people are related in some way.

This mystery is driving me nuts. I glance up at the clock which has been ticking away through my mind.

2:14

Uggghh, I mentally groan, I went to bed at 8:30. The paper and pencil on my desk is aggrevatingly tempting. I want to write back to mystery person, but I have no clue whether or not to trust him or her with my ideas, which may not be the kind of stuff the leaders want me to say. I mean, for all I know, this could be the leader I am talking to.

Making up my mind, I leave my cozy bed for the desk chair five feet away.

I plop down in it and spin around to face the desk. I turn on the side lamp
so that it illuminates the room. I wedge the pencil in between my fingers and let them waltz around the paper into figures of simple letters. I write:

Hello mystery person,
I do not know who you are, and will not throughly trust you until you proove yourself trustworthy. But I will ask you two things; was it you who grasped me yesterday and whispered in my ear, or was it one of your henchmen or something, and who are you and why can't you tell me?

I leave the note in between the boxspring and the mattress of the bed. Hopefully mystery person knows where I leave it.

_______________________________________

Oof.

I fall to the cool ground with a big thump.

I hastily get up in embarassment and anger. I hear fits of laughter from every direction and Liam, poor Liam, standing in front of me with the same expression I feel on my face, but more calm and collected. He reaches out to me with an arm extended, but I ignore it. Instead, I fix my gaze towards a proud looking girl with a smirk on her face, and get on to my feet. I have never wanted to punch anybody so badly in my life. I wanted to wipe that sickening smirk off her face and do her a favor by breaking her incredibly huge cheekbones.

But with the little dignity I had, I slowly turn away from the bitch in front of me and instead look at Liam. I hear something come out of Porchia's glossy mouth, but to me, it's gibberish because all I hear is constant laughing and ringing in my ears. As soon as I'm about to flatten out her face, I get tugged the opposite way with so much force, I let out a gasp.

I turn to look at my captor and see the back of Liam dragging me away from the scene whilest pulling me along through this maze of hallways with him. I look down at our clasped hands and break away.

I turn to face my surroundings and am surprised to find ourselves in a bland hallway, far from where we were.

"What is wrong with you?" Liam raises his voice.

"Why are you yelling at me?" I yell back.

"I am yelling because someone has a death wish." He drops his voice down to a frightening whisper.

"You don't think I'm strong enough to handle her. You know, I don't need you to be my big brother. She's just a snotty little cunt who thinks she can mess with whoever she wants." I scream, taking small steps toward him.

"There's no need to yell at me. I'm sorry, I shouldn't have yelled. But I am just trying to keep you out of trouble. You almost broke her nose out there. And with this new leadership, who knows what will happen. We need to always keep safety first in our books." I am inches away from him.

I hadn't realized how cute Liam was before. His bronze skin practically glows and his brown hair falls over his forehead in a swoosh over his delicate green eyes. He wasn't just cute. He was hot. Now realizing this made me back away from him a little, inch by inch so it wouldn't be suspicious. I do that until my back is up against the wall of the tiny hallway.

He takes a step towards me, making the gap between us smaller.

"And you are anything but weak. That's why I had to stop you."

Our noses are touching and he hesitantly looks into my eyes with desperation, and before I know it, our mouthes crash together and start moving together in sync with each other.

He breaks from the kiss with our foreheads touching and whispers, "As much as I'd love to continue this, I'm afraid we have to head to the training room before we get in trouble." I sigh and slightly nod and he takes my hand in his and drags me toward the training room.