Chapter 2- The Telling

As soon as I walked into the throne room I knew that I was unwelcome. The air of the room felt disturbed. The thing that really let me know that I wasn't welcome was Mother staring at me like I had interrupted her and her knights. Mother always had knights around her for protection against... well anything. If only I had known that the kingdom of Alamethean would need protection from her.

   Once she had stared at me for a minute or two she dismissed all of her knights. They went out like cheetahs, but I knew that they just stood outside. They had to, it was their duty to protect Mother and the rest of us. As they left I got ready to talk to Mother. 

    She had finally stopped looking at me, which meant that I hadn't interrupted anything majorly important. I took my chance, and told her only about the part of my dream where she was there. Once I mentioned the dagger she asked me what it looked like. I had to describe the dagger and the case all over again. When I had finished Mother kept asking me questions, but I saw her pull out the exact dagger that I described. She even had the case, but, of course, I couldn't read the words. I knew that she had something to do with my nightmares! I thought. I was very happy about that until she put everything back, and said the most horrible thing ever.

   " Don't do anything about  your nightmare. Don't go looking for answers ok? Promise me."  She said in a fierce, demanding tone. Of course, I told her that I would do what she said. Only so I could tell Father and get some answers though. She must have sensed that I knew something because she suddenly called the guards to take me to my chambers. Right when we got into the hall I ran straight to Father's chambers.