Chapter 3- Failed Trust

I knew that I was going to out-run our guards. Thirty to fifty year old men against an eleven year old girl. The outcome was already foreseen and was now visible. Speaking of visible that's exactly what Father's chambers were. I ran as fast as I could, opened the door, and went into Father's chambers. A couple minutes later, so did the knights. Father quickly dismissed them and asked me what was wrong.

I was a little surprised. Father hadn't even tried to listen to the knights. A smile slowly overcame my face, until I remembered what I was there for. After thinking about what to say I decided that thinking was too hard. I just told Father everything as fast as I could. He even let me, without disturbing me, tell him everything. Once I got to the part about mom he told me to retell what I had to say slower. I did, and I felt better after I told him. After he thought for a few minutes he did the worst thing that he could do.

He called the guards to go get Mother. After a few minutes she came and he let her join our conversation. How could he after what I just told him? I thought. I was so mad that I stopped speaking for a while. I really thought that it couldn't get worse. I was wrong. He asked Mother to tell her side of the story. She didn't even have a side she only knew what I told her!!!! I thought, still not speaking. Of course, she made stuff up. She ended her long tale of lies by saying that I was delusional and attention seeking. All of which I wasn't. Father had this confused and thoughtful expression on his face. Suddenly it went back to normal, and he told us his decision.

He told us that since he couldn't make up his mind he would go with the "kingdom rules". !!! The kingdom rules??!!! This soooo meant that he was on Mother's side! I thought to myself. Sadly, I was right. The kingdom rules stated that a queen's word is always more valid than a princess'.

I was filled with so many feelings at once. Dreadfulness, heartbroken, anger, and I felt as if I had nobody to trust. I was so overwhelmed that I ran out of the room before Father could stop me. It wasn't the "princess" way to deal with the situation, but at that moment I didn't care. The last things I saw upset me the most. Father with a worried face and Mother smiling at her triumph. To make me miserable.