Chapter 1

*1 year later*

Andy

I walked down the empty abandoned street, with two pieces of bread and a bottle of Coke, filling two of the pockets in my ratted jacket. I listened to my footsteps. They kept a steady beat. I walked. And walked. And walked. I walked until I saw the abandoned alley.
I went into the alley. A striking contrast of colored hair came into view. It was a vibrant red on the right side and black on the left. I recognized it immediately.
"Hey Anita." She looked up at me and smiled.
"Hey. You got dinner?"
I nodded. I handed her one of the pieces of bread and the Coke. She made a face at the carbonated drink, pretending to gag. I rolled my eyes and took out my bread, and once she was done choking down her half of the Coke, she passed it to me.
Once we were finished, we just kind of sat there. "Thanks for dinner," she said.  I shrugged, not really thinking I needed the praise. She's the one that gets the food most the time. She loves adventure, and being wild. She's always said she wanted to go hunting, but she didn't know where to go. Me? I've always wanted to be more laid back. Going places where the sun shines bright, and the moon illuminates through the night.
"So..." here we go. "How was the city today?"
She asks this everyday. She's always wanted me to open up. But I'm fine closed down. "Fine I guess. The city, you know?" She nodded.
I heard dripping from a pipe. I don't know why, but that just made me zone out. Listening to every single drip.

Drip

Drip

Drip...

And then it stopped.
"So, Andy," I looked at Anita.
"Yeah?" I asked.
"Nothing. I just wanted your attention."
"Why?"
"I don't know, maybe because I'm really bored," she said sarcastically.
"You wanna go out to the city? We might be able to get some more food."
"Yeah. But we gotta be careful."
"Since when are you ever careful?"
"That's true." We stood up, and I got my pocket knife, and she her hunting knife. It was more of a kitchen knife than a pocket knife, but it was very small. We walked out of the alley, our footsteps matching each other's.
Once we started seeing the lights of the city, we began looking for anyone to see if they would have a lot of money or not.
I saw one guy who seemed pretty wealthy. I tapped Anita on the shoulder, and pointed to the man. She nodded.
I went behind the man and started matching his footsteps. Once that was accomplished, I very sneakily put my hand in his left pocket. My fingers curled around the expensive, leather wallet, and I went back to Anita. She smiled, and I looked in the wallet. Credit card, debit card, license, library card, and twenty-five dollars. Enough for the next two nights.
"Let's go get some food," she suggested.
"No. We save it for tomorrow."
She rolled her eyes. "You always say this when we get money. You know, that man could realize he doesn't have his wallet. He could realize that someone was matching is footsteps. That a boy with a dirty jacket and holes in the knees of his jeans snuck his grimy hand in the crisp pockets of his corduroy pants, and took his money. He could be here any second with the cops. It's only rational we buy the food now."
"I said no, Anita," I repeated in an annoyed tone.
Anita narrowed her contact-colored hazel eyes (people were always freaked out when they saw the real color of her eyes, so she had taken to wearing ordinary colored contacts), at my attitude.
"Don't speak like that to me, Andy," she said in a low, threatening voice. "I've saved your ass too many times for you to disrespect me like that."
"Whatever," I grumbled, less than impressed with her words. (Even though I knew they were true).
Anita sighed loudly, and started walking back towards the alley.
     "Fine," she said. "Be like that. You know, Andy, you're my brother. I don't give two shits that we're not blood related. We both didn't have a family, so we made our own. I just want to do what's best for you- I always have. You're the only thing in the world that matters to me, and-"
Anita was abruptly cut off by the sound of screeching.
"What do you think that was?" I asked.
"It's New York, pro-"
"SOMEBODY HELP ME!"
We both ran in the direction of the screaming. I pulled out my pocket knife, and Anita got her hunting knife. We were lead into the woods where we found a guy with a mask, and a girl, about twelve years old. I ran up to him and pushed him, sending him stumbling away from the girl. I held my pocket knife to the man's throat. Meanwhile, Anita was checking the girl's pulse. She was breathing.
"Thank... you." the girl said, looking at the sky, with a single tear rolling down her cheek.
I had the guy at my knife.
"Better leave now before I slit your throat." I growled.
The man had a beard, black as night hair, and sea green eyes.
"You got skills, kid." He pushed me off and left. I went over to the girl. She had brown hair, silver eyes, and her lips were now pale, but her skin glowed like the moon.
"Don't worry, we'll be back. Andy let's go." Anita said comfortingly to the little girl.
I nodded. I made sure to note the big rock next to the girl, so we knew where to return to.
We went looking for police, and once we found an officer, we dragged him to the spot. He had tanned skin blonde hair, and he was kind of hot.
     We walked into the woods where we found the girl. When we came to the place with the rock we saw... nothing. No one. Not the girl. Not the attacker. Nothing except for the rock.
     "So you said that there was a girl here that was attacked. Where is she?" Anita and I looked everywhere.
     "She was right here. Look for blood, I felt a pool of it when I was by her." Anita said.
The police officer pulled out his flashlight and pointed it at where the little girl had been.
     We both looked for the blood, while the officer shined his flashlight where we told him to.
"Alright kids, I think it's time you go home. It's been a long day." Anita and I both nodded.
     We left to the alley, and stayed there for a minuet. I spoke first, voicing both of our thoughts.
"You saw the girl and attacker too, right?" Anita nodded. "It's like they just up and left! Or maybe we're going crazy."
    "We are living near a dumpster, maybe the fumes are messing with our head?" I said, trying to lift the mood.
"Maybe." Anita half smiled. "Let's go to sleep." She offered.
I happily obliged. We took out our half blanket we shared. We breathed slowly, almost falling to sleep at the same exact time.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Anita's POV 

     Something bright interrupted my quite awesome sleep. I opened my eyes fully, and rubbed them to see what it was.
     I looked everywhere, and above my head was a moon. Not the moon, a moon. And above Andy's was a green trident. I shook Andy's shoulder.
"Andy get up." He pushed my hand away. "Andy get your ass up now!" I whisper-yelled. He shot up. He could hear the note of alarm in my voice.
"What?" He said. I pointed up. His eyes followed the movements of my hand. All of a sudden, both glowing symbols moved forward and stopped.
     "Do we follow?" he asked.
     "I don't think it's a choice. Lets go."
He nodded, and we got up, following the trident and moon.
As we walked, we saw about fifteen people, and not one of them looked at the moon and trident. I stopped for a second, "Wait, Andy. We've seen a lot today... I think we might just be over tired."
"No, I know this is real, Anita. I know that a young girl was attacked, and I know I'm following that trident. And I also know that you're coming."
He grabbed my wrist and pulled me along. Once he felt I was coming with him, he let go of my wrist.
     After about an hour, we were close to Long Island. We were on the road, but on the either side of us was farmland.
     The moon and trident made a left into the farmland. Soon, they were both gone. We were on a hill, and at the very base of it was a farmhouse. I felt instantly drawn to the place.
"There," I looked at the sky blue house, and Andy followed my gaze.
     "Should we?" He asked, waiting for my say.
"Yes," I answered simply.
We started down the hill, but were stopped by a loud roar and the earth shaking.
     In front of us there was a huge figure.
     It had the head of a bull, and the body of a human. It was seven feet tall, but it only had one horn.
     "What the hell do we do?" Andy asked, whispering.
"Get your knife," I instructed, getting my own out.
My hunting skills were taking over, and I instinctively knew what to do.
"Throw it in three... two... one, NOW!" We through our knives and ran for the barn house. Then we heard the loudest roar of all time.
     We got to the farm house, not even bothering to knock, and busted the door open. We locked it once we were safely inside. We panted from the running, and the excess adrenaline of our very short lived "fight." We looked up to see two boys. One had blonde hair and blue eyes, and the other had black hair and onyx eyes.
     "Welcome to Camp Half-Blood." The blonde one said.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Hi guys it's Percico_Is_My_OTP aka Jake!! I hope you liked this I stayed up awhile with writers adrenaline xD. Thanks for reading, vote, comment, and share with all your friends.

Hola! It's me, Oli! My wonderful friend Jake wrote this amazingly eventful chapter, and I proofread! A round of applause for my friend! *claps hands in a circle* peace out thug pugs! (Please tell me you know which youtuber says that).