Finding Him

She Never Left

I look to the sunrise and at the tops of the trees, there are three black ravens scraping the horizon.

I buried her in a nameless field with an unmarked grave. No one could find out what I have done.

                                            An Hour Earlier...

                                           ~Marigolds Point of view~

The boards of the cabin are old and look as if they could break away at any moment. Some of the boards have gaps in them so I can see inside. Inside I see that there are many papers on the floor and there are bones of dead animals, too. The door is open just enough so I can get through without trying to push them. I look through the piles of papers only to find out that most of them are just random notes and ideas about some demonic subject. I even see some stuff about doing an autopsy.

I notice some letters. There dated two and a half years ago with no return address. There addressed to Adam Priest. Adam Priest was declared dead a year ago. They never found his body but apparently, there was enough blood and evidence that made them think that his father did it. Some people are still holding on to some hope that he's still out there and that he'll come home. I didn't really know him. He was a year older; he would have graduated this year. He was a bit of a troublemaker.

I look through some more only to be unsatisfied. I hear a whisper and a breath from behind me. I pivot on my feet to see who it is. "Is someone there?" I hear my voice echo as my heart pounds.

I get no answer. I guess it was just my imagination playing tricks on me.

I notice in the corner is an opening to another room. I go through.

In the corner is a guy covered in blood. His head is on his arms, which are folded over his knees as he rocks back and forth mumbling incoherently.

I walk towards him calmly, trying not to scare him.

It doesn't work.

He jumps up and puts himself against the wall. I see now that it's Adam. He's holding a long, bloody butcher knife in his right hand.

He sees that I'm scared and points it at me. I look around the room and try to find an escape but he cornered me. I put my hands out to surrender to him and notice that they are trembling, I bet my whole body is trembling right now, but I wasn't going to look.

He jumps at me and stabs me, I could feel the knife slice through my abdomen, and it was hard enough to knock me down. He doesn't stop there. I see blood spraying out of me. He doesn't stop until my whole body is drenched in blood.

He leans over my bludgeoned remains. Between the coughs of blood, I ask him, "Why?"

He looks into my eyes and stabs me more, until he is drenched in my blood as well.

                                                                                             ~

I know I'm dead now but I can still see the world. I see him standing over my now dead corpse. He has a calm expression but that soon turns into a mischievous smile that dances on his lips.

He wipes the back of his hand over his forehead and then mouth to get the blood and sweat off. He leans down, puts a piece of my hair behind my ear, and then cups my cheek with his bloody hand. "You're so beautiful, so...innocent."

He gets up and walks out the door.

                                                                                             ~

I don't know how long my body was there before he brought the sheet. He wraps my limp body up in it and carries me out side.

I follow him. He brings me to a field, sets the tangled sheets down, and starts digging a hole with a shovel he must have put there earlier. I sit in front of him and admire his beauty.

He sets me into the hole and pours dirt into it. When he's done he sticks the shovel into the ground. He peers up at the horizon and looks at the three birds, crows' maybe? He wipes his brow with the back of his hand and mutters something. All I could understand was "...No one could find out..."