Interior Design Genuis

Blake's POV

The vacuum drones loudly as I push it around my last motel room. Thankfully Benny was my most hostile guest today, besides things moving on their own, and an aspiration who didn't move or talk, cleaning was pretty calm.

I grab a stray lamp sliding around in circles and hold it still. At first I thought it was Chester playing a joke on me, I soon realized that was not the case. Objects moving by themselves is apparently normal for haunted motels. Dragging the vacuum out behind me I lock up the last room, and head back to the lobby.

"Anymore violent hauntings?" Is the first thing Chester asks me when I walk through the door.

"Besides doors shutting on their, and things sliding around by themselves, it was pretty normal." I shrug, rolling the vacuum into a closet. The lobby is still pretty bare, after I threw out all the junk Chester and I still haven't bought usable furniture. After that couple killed themselves we haven't really got around to redecorate the lobby, or the rooms.

"Good." Chester sighs a breath of relief. "Come here," Chester beckons me behind his desk. His mac laptop sits in front of him on his desk, the bright light shinning on his face.

"I have to do laundry, and a lot of it." I protest, hefting a huge mountain of sheets up into my arms.

"Just a quick look, I'm on the Ikea and Port Authority tabs." Chester insists. My face brightens, dropping the huge mountain of yellowing white sheets to my feet, and rush over.

"Ohhh..." I hum happily, eyeing coffee tables, and arm chairs.

"You like interior design?" Chester asks. I absolutely love it, I think before I have a real chance to think.

"I didn't know you were into that kind of stuff." Chester grins.

"That's because it's pretty dorky." I admit, feeling my cheeks pinking.

"Oh, it definitely is." Chester comments, making me wish I hadn't admit it.

"Oh, but dorky is adorable." Chester tries to amend my embarrassment.

"Anyway, I was thinking instead of messy paint, or expensive wallpaper we use newspapers." I suggest, and his eyebrows jump to his hairline.

"I actually like that idea, I really like it." Chester says, making my face beam.

"Really?" I ask. "You actually like it?"

"Yeah I do, it's different." He says. "We can use old comics for color, and put positive headlines up." Chester adds.

"Now that's brilliant." I say, loving his idea.

"And I'm guessing you have a lot of left over suitcases." I start. "We can fashion them into furniture." I say.

"I feel like we're not going to need Ikea." Chester says, snapping his computer shut.

Later

"You're not going to believe this but I just ordered three old pay phones that I can install into the land line." Chester announces from his spot on the floor of the laundry room (and my new room), his laptop in his lap.

"First, woah, you really got into this." I chuckle as I switch my second load of bleached whites into the dryer. "Second, that is incredible!" I exclaim, a huge grin on my face.

"After an hour of Pinterest I now consider myself an interior design genius." Chester says, making me laugh.

"What about the actual motel rooms?" I ask, and Chester's face fall.

"Oh... Yeah..." He says.

"Yeah, the other twenty two bedrooms." I say, folding fresh white sheets.

"This just got a lot more stressful, and less fun." Chester sighs.