Chapter Four

The man holds out his hand towards me, waiting patiently while my shocked brain tries to catch up with itself. His eyes glance at the door and then he almost seems to panic slightly.

"Is there anymore of you?" His hand drops and he takes a step closer urgently, his voice is deep and I notice he has a British accent, the nice kind. I managed to nod slightly. "Okay fuck, do you know where they are?"

"No... oh god Thomas..." My voice croaks out, cracking on Thomas' name.

"Double fuck, okay do you mind if I carry you?" I think about it for a second, I don't think I can walk right now.

"Go right ahead, just find Thomas." He must sense the urgency in my voice because next thing I know I'm swept up into his arms. In the back of my mind I can't help but be in awe of how he carries me like I'm a feather. He sprints down the hall before swearing and I hear gunshots and bullets hit the walls around us.

"I have to put you down, you need to search this next room while I try and get some of these wankers off our tail." I nod and he sets me down, instantly turns and starts returning fire, I yank the door open.

"Thomas? Ellie? Josiah? Charlie?" I try to yell over the gunfire. The room I'm in is what appears to be the pharmacy. The only light available in the room is the one that seeps through the wooden slats on the boarded windows. The door creaks open behind me.

"Um, hello?" it's the blue eyed man who saved me. "Right, I managed to get of most of them. I think the rest have retreated..." an awkward silence echoes around us. "We should try and take some of this stuff." He takes strides to the nearest shelf sweeping its contents into his bag. I stare at him for a couple of shelves before turning around and following his example. When both our bags are full of unknown medicine of which I don't know what half of it does.

"I'm Sam, sorry for earlier." He awkwardly rubs the back of his neck and I see his eyes run over the blood all over my upper body. I shrug my shoulders at him, sure the blood grosses me out but I'm so thankful for meeting him. "I know you're speechless from my pure sexiness but do you happen to have a name?" A smirk forms on his face all trace of the awkward gone from before. His eyes catch mine, I can't seem to break away from his eyes, they are too gorgeous.

"Uhhh, Lissa." My voice comes out nervous. Even though this dude saved me and for some reason I want to trust him, but my experience just mere minutes ago makes me wary.

"Pretty name for a pretty face." He grins cockily at me, I get the feeling this guy is used to women swooning at his feet. I roll my eyes at him, that response just makes me think he's a fuck boy. "Okay sorry that was a really bad line, it just slipped out. You're the first person I've met who isn't one of those crazy fuckers out there." He gestures with his thumb over his shoulder, pointing to outside.

I stare at him and really look at him for the first time. He's much taller than me, I'm guessing about 6"4. His black hair is in the style that is mostly just left by itself, but is kept off his face by what looks like that almost obsessive shuffling around with his hands. His blue eyes stick out, they're some of the brightest I've seen. A kind of blue that's rare except for that one kid who was famous on the internet for said eyes. He has these board shoulders that just scream muscle even though the rest of him seems more to the lean and swift side. He's wearing a black shirt and cargo pants and jacket, they look like the official army kind. Who knows, they could be by the way he handled the situation in the hallway and how he is geared up to the brim in army gear, I wouldn't be surprised if he is. He has one of those leg holster thingys with a gun in it, the big fancy black gun he has slung over his back and then a slightly smaller than the big one slung over one shoulder. His backpack was obviously on top of his big fancy black gun on his back. Honestly I have no clue how he managed to fit under that desk.