Final Chapter

*Hands you a tissue*

Melody's POV

***************

4 years later...

I clambered out of the car, clutching my headphones in my hand and against my chest. A tear rolled down my red cheeks.

I climbed the stairs that stood before me, and opened the gate that was situated on top.

I eyed the gravestones, scoping out the one belonging to my two brave parents, many other stones hit my eye, but I was only looking for one.

Finally, my vision landed on the one and only gravestone, standing on its own under an old oak tree, at least 100 years of age.

I dragged my feet across the graveyard, making a beeline for the lonely stone.

I finally reached it, and dropped to my knees before it, reading the writing inscribed onto it as i had read at least 50 times by now.

'Till death do us part'

I sat down and leaned on the gravestone, placing my headphones around my neck and bringing my knees up to my chest.

Tears rolled down my face as I remembered all of the faint memories I shared with my parents. Until I felt a hand on my shoulder.

I peeked up, and my red eyes landed on Casey, who was peering down at me caringly, with a feeling of sympathy.

"I miss them too"

I stood up and hugged Casey, soon being joined by Jordan, until we all broke apart and looked at each other.

Jordan looked down into my 5 year old eyes.

"It's time for us to go, Ruby is missing you."

I nodded, but froze in my steps.

"You go back, i'm going to stay here just a minute longer, don't worry, I may only be 5 but I can handle myself."

Casey nodded, and they both walked back to the car hand in hand.

I let out a sigh, and turned back to my parent's resting place. I checked back to see if they had gone, once they were completely out of sight I closed my eyes and whispered the words into my headphones.

They started to glow, and suddenly, two figures stood before me, smiling widely. I ran up to them but stopped myself from hugging them as I would fall straight through.

I looked up at my mum, to find she was staring back at me.

"Don't worry Melody, you know what you have to do."

I looked towards my dad, and he nodded.

"There's only one chance to do this, I trust that you can do it, you get a big reward at the end."

I nodded, and suddenly heard the car door close, meaning someone was approaching. I looked back towards my parents faded figures.

They both blew a kiss in my direction, and then dissolved into the wind, never to be seen again. I felt a breeze sweep by me.

"You know what you have to do."

I smiled as I felt warmness cloud my body.

"Melody, come on now."

I turned around and looked back at the gravestones where my parents lay, I smiled and ran back to the car.

"I know what I must do."

The End.

Drawing by  RaeTheGameMaster