Chapter 18

2 More Chapters to go,  short but sweet ones to finish the trilogy.

Jordan's POV

*******************

They've both been gone a while, I hope they're alright, the noise has stopped, so both of the children had calmed down, but where was Crystal and Harvey?

They had been out there for ages, Melody was starting to worry where mummy and daddy were. I looked at Casey, who looked back with a face of worry.

All we can do is wait...

I heard voices coming from outside, female ones, will that be Crystal, she sounds panicked, in pain and upset.

I lifted myself up and walked over to the window to peek outside at what was going on.

All I saw was Crystal running towards the house, she was very pale and tears were streaming down her face.

In her arms was Harvey, his eyes closed and his skin was very pale, he was limp in her arms.

"Oh no, oh no, oh no!"

I ran from the window to the front door, opened it, and ran out to meet Crystal. Who had collapsed onto the floor.

I knelt beside them and felt Harvey's chest, looking for a heartbeat, there was none.

I gasped and stood up, tears coming to my eyes.

"Get me to Melody"

I looked down again and found a very pale Crystal lying on the floor, lifting her arm out to grab me.

I picked her up and carried her into the house, putting her next to a very confused Casey, I then went outside and collected Harvey's lifeless body off of the floor.

This can't be happening, he can't be dead.

I entered the house once again, where I found Casey crying, and Crystal slumped on the bottom of the sofa.

Her hazel eyes looked up at me, pale as anything, and whispered.

"I'm dying Jordan, I don't have long left, bring Melody to me."

I nodded in a panic and picked up Melody who had strolled into the kitchen, upon seeing her mother she wobbled out of my hands and ran towards her.

"MUMMY!"

She then looked at the body of her father I had placed on the floor next to Crystal. Then walked over and started smacking his body.

"Daddy? Are you okay daddy? Daddy wake up, stop playing with me. Wake up Daddy!"

Crystal reached over and picked up Melody, placing her on her knee.

"Now Melody, do you promise to be a good girl for Jordan and Casey?"

Melody nodded happily and shouted out.

"Yes mummy."

Crystal nodded, and reached out her arms to hold the headphones that were on Melody's head, she kissed Melody on the forehead.

"Goodbye my sweetheart."

She closed her eyes and a magical aura started to be sucked into the headphones, tears started to fall from her eyes while Melody looked up at her confusingly.

The magenta aura that was being inserted, turned purple, and Crystal became more weak, struggling to hold her arms up.

Finally, it stopped, and Crystal slumped onto the floor, lifeless.

I looked at Casey, and she explained.

"Ty dropped a bomb that would have killed all sorcerers in the world, but Harvey absorbed the power therefore killing himself to save everyone else. As Crystal and Harvey were connected through the soul due to him bringing her back to life, if he dies, so does Crystal."

Tears formed in my eyes as I looked at the pair, lifeless, pale and cold. They had a good life together, and i'm happy that they died as hero's.

Melody sat down next to her mum, and stroked her hair.

"Sleep well, mummy and daddy, i'll see you soon."

She then walked over to me, hugging my legs.

"I have to behave for you, so I will, i'll be a good girl for you Jordan, and Casey, and Ruby."