~Chapter 4~

(3 days later)

Percy pov

I was walking along the lake, when I heard a growl. Turning, I saw a black dog, one I knew was Sirius Black.

Shadow traveling in front of him, I sighed.

"Sirius," I said, making him back away slightly.

What do you want? he growled.

"I won't hurt you. I hate it when people are given false judgement. I believe you are the godfather of Harry Potter?"

...Thank you. And yes, I am his godfather. Do you know him?

"I know him quite well, actually. We're friends along with Ron Weasley and Hermione Granger. I suppose we are great friends because we are pretty much the same person, as people say."

Hmm... do you know of Peter Pettigrew?

"Yes, I do. He's Ron's rat, Scabbers, in hiding. I'm assuming you know this?"

Yes. He betrayed Remus, James, and I. He's a spy for Voldemort.

I smiled a little. "Glad someone else isn't afraid to say his name." I tensed as I felt familiar presences. It was the Golden Trio.

"Hurry, they're coming," I whispered to him.

Oh. Well, thank you. If you ever want to talk, I'll be in the forest.

Sirius disappeared into the trees as I turned to the Golden Trio.

"Harry, Hermione, and Ron. What are you doing here?" I asked.

They looked at me, startled.

"We were just going to Hagrid's," Hermione saved them.

"This isn't the way to his hut. I believe you were sneaking about, yes?" I commented sharply, raising an eyebrow.

"He's just like Snape at times like this," Ron muttered to Harry, who rolled his eyes.

"Refrain from comparisons between me and Severus Snape, please. You have no clue what either of us have been through," I said coldly.

I heard hissing. Fortunately, no one else seemed to hear it.

"I must go. Dumbledore and Professor McGonagall are going to talk with me about... things. Goodbye." I headed towards the castle and waited until they moved on. When they did, I hurried to the hissing.

Coming upon a clearing, I saw a black cobra with bright yellow eyes.

Hello, Lord, it hissed at me.

"Please, don't call me Lord. And why are you calling me that?" I replied.

I've been sssssent by your grandfather to help you learn to become one with your brethren. That includesssss talking and turning into a ssssnake.

"Wait, my grandfather? Do you mean Kronos?"

No, no. Your other one, Lord Voldemort.

"What? He's not my grandfather!"

Yessssss he isss. Anyway, you already know how to ssssspeak to ssssnakess. Now, you have to turn into one. Conccccentrate, become one with your brethren.

I frowned, still shocked at the possibility of Voldemort being my grandfather.

Pushing that aside, I concentrated. I shrunk and I fit into the ground better. Although I was bigger than the other snake, I was still small.