~Chapter 5~

(One day later)

Percy pov

I entered Potions. I was the first to arrive, as always.

Severus looked up at me, sighing. "Hello once again, Percy."

I chuckled as I took a seat at the front. "Hey, Sev."

He tensed. "You haven't called me that since a year ago."

I smiled sadly. "I think it's time we try to rekindle our friendship from long ago."

~Flashback Start~

It's been a month since Kronos attacked New York. Right now, I was in a clearing in the woods of a park in the UK, fighting an annoying lady that loved taking things. Especially my sword.

The lady had black hair and made the shadows bend to her will. Right now, she had Riptide.

"C'mon! That is my favorite and only sword, you know!" I complained, trying to stall so Riptide would return to me.

"Well, Dearie, it's mine now!" the lady cackled.

I scowled. The water from the nearby creek started to rise. It created a hand and slapped the lady, taking back my sword and disappearing. My sword materialized in my pocket.

Thanks, Dad, I thought, chuckling.

Well, I couldn't let you fight her without a sword, now could I? Poseidon said in my head sarcastically. I now understand where I get my sass from.

"Now, Dearie, that's my sword. You will give it back or I will be forced to kill you!" the lady snarled, back on her feet already.

I smirked. "When do I hear that? Oh, wait, everyday of my life. I don't know who or what you are, but I don't care. You are interrupting my quest and I will not allow it."

The lady lunged at me. Before I could react, a ball of light hit the lady, making her dissolve into darkness.

A man wearing long black robes walked into the clearing. He had shoulder-length black hair and dark eyes and was holding what looks to be a carved stick.

I raised an eyebrow. "Who are you?"

"I could ask you the same." His voice was deep and he talked slowly in a contained voice, as if he didn't talk much - or he didn't want to.

"I'm Perseus Jackson, but I prefer Percy," I said.

He nodded slightly. "I'm Severus Snape."

"Righty then. It was nice meeting you, but I must get the demigod I am looking for-" I started, only to be interrupted by numerous growls.

"I'm going to kill the Fates. First they say they don't hate me, next thing you know, I'm about to die for the fifth time today!" I muttered under my breath as I turned to a pack of hellhounds with Snape at my side.

"What are those?" Severus asked, gripping his carved stick.

"Hellhounds," I answered, pulling out Riptide. I uncapped it and it turned into my trusty sword.

The hellhounds approached, snarling.

"Well, Severus, it looks like we've got a battle on our hands. You up for some killing?" I asked Snape with a smirk.

"Certainly," he replied, the corners of his mouth twitching in the smallest of smiles.

As the first hellhounds lunged, I sidestepped and stabbed one. Severus pointed his stick at the other hellhound. Large sword-like cuts (which means it looked like it was made by a sword) appeared on its body and it dissolved into gold dust.