Chapter Twelve

DAKOTA

"What?! Seriously?! The Trenton Evanders is actually staying at your house?! Can I stay there too?"

"Yes, yes and no, you can't stay Sab. You live just a few blocks away from mine." I answered as I grabbed my books from the locker. I am in such a foul mood today.

Just this morning, I woke up to the sound of some annoying singing. I was pretty sure it was Denver and Dallas but when I heard another voice which was awfully familar and did not belong to any of my family, I just shivered.

That's when everything that happened yesterday dawned on me. Oh my gosh, that hug.

Then when I walked inside the car, my brother pushed me out because he was taking Courtney to school. Talk about rude.

So I was forced to ride with Trenton in his bike. It was really annoying because I spent five minutes straightening my hair this morning and the wind just completely destroyed it.

Aside from that, people kept staring at Trenton and me like we got the Plague when we got to school.

I mean, sure, I get it. Trenton Evanders and Dakota Krauss are so not meant to be walking around school together. Or even be together at all.

You don't have to rub it in my face, people.

I scoffed as I walked away from the locker. My friends trailing behind me.

"Oh and Dakk, you might want to find another place to hide your secret stash of candies before Sabrina eats all of it." Courtney informed me.

I stopped on my tracks and threw a glare towards Sabrina's direction.

"What? It's not like hiding them in your bookshelf is such a secret."

Yep, I actually kept it my bookshelf. In a secret compartment beside it. Sabrina never liked any of my books bacause they were way too superficial for her own liking. She never gets near that bookshelf so I hid my candies there.

"But you never go near that bookshelf." Courtney spoke.

"Exactly, I don't." Sab agreed.

"Then how'd you find it?"

"I have radars for sweet things," she whispered.

I raised my eyebrows at her challengingly, "Oh really? Then why can't you detect that sweet boy behind you?"

She looked behind her and blushed when she saw who it was.

Surprise, surprise!

It's Rupert Stangorf!

"Hi, babe," he whispered.

Just so he knows, Courtney and I can hear him.

"Hi," Sabrina squeaked.

I stared at them strangely because they were acting so strange. It's like they're both strangers I haven't met before.

See what I did there? Ha ha ha

"Just kiss already!" Courtney said exasperatedly. It's good to know I'm not the only one who can feel the sexual tension here.

In a second, Rupert already got Sabrinas face in his. I cringed at them.

"Go get a room!" I said before I looped my arms with Courtney's and went to our first class.

Not much happened today, except for the fact that a couple of girls went to me to ask me how Trenton and I's relationship is going.