9TC[5]

Do I have to go? Yes or no? What if he's some maniac that wants to rape me or something? Teka, your body's not worth to rape naman Clarissa. Stop being so delusional and paranoid.

Clarissa paces back and forth in her room. Its almost one in the afternoon but she is still hesitant about going. Hindi niya naman kasi lubusang kilala ang tao. Naaalala niya pa nga yung sinabi ng mommy niya sa kanya noon: Do not talk to strangers.

Pero ang gwapo niya namang maging rapist or holdaper. He doesn't look like one. At syaka, mukhang mabait naman. Pumapasok rin siya sa university na pinapasukan ni kuya. But you know what they say.. Looks can be deceiving.

Maya-maya ay nakapagdesisyon na siyang umalis. Bahala na si Batman sabi niya sa utak niya. Kinuha niya na ang maliit niyang bag na naglalaman ng lahat (pati na rin ang isang pepper spray kung saka-sakaling mayroong hindi magandang mangyari).

Pero nang lumabas siya ng kwarto niya, nakita niyang nakatayo si Patrick at mukhang kakatok pa ito sa pintuan ng kwarto niya.

"Hi."

"Hi kuya. Are you lost? Nasa kabila ang kwarto ni kuya James." Nakangiti nitong sabi kay Patrick. But deep inside, nagtatalon ang puso niya sa kilig.

"Uh, no. I was just about to ask you if you wanted to come with us. Maglalaro kami ng arcade."

She smiled at him. She wanted to say okay! Na 'sige! Sasama ako! I'll ditch Christian and go with you!' Pero nakapagpromise na siya kay Christian at ang sama niya naman kung gagawa siya ng istorya.

"Sorry, but I have my plans for today. Next time na lang kuya."

"Yeah, I can see that you're already dressed. Saan ang lakad natin?" He asked.

"I'm hanging out with a friend."

"Si Andi?"

"No."

"Akala ko ba sa Mayo pa sila babalik?" He asked again.

"I..I found a new friend."

He was about to tell something when Clarissa's phone buzzed. When she grabbed it, she saw Christian's name on the screen.

Patrick got curious and glanced at her screen. When she realized what he was doing, she took a step beside her and answered the call.

On the other hand, Patrick's eyebrows furrowed. Why is she hiding her phone from me? Who was that calling her? Christian? Christian who?

He said nothing and waited for her to end her chitchat with whoever she's talking to. The girl kept on making awkward glances to Patrick, unsure of why is he still standing in front of her. She mumbles goodbye to Christian before ending their call.

"Is kuya inside his room? I still have to tell him where I'm going."

"Oo, nasa kwarto si James." Nakasimangot lang na sabi nito sa dalaga.

"Okay, thanks."

She went to her brother's room and knocked three times before entering.

"Kuya, I'm going to the mall with someone."

Napataas ang kilay ng kuya niya with the mention of someone. She usually tells him who's she hanging out with. If its Andi, Patrice, or anybody from their group. Pero ngayon, nagdadalawang-isip siya. Malamang sa malamang dahil lalaki ang kasama niya mamaya at knowing her brother, hindi siya titigil hanggang sa makilala niya ito.