Ten

Again, thank you all for the amount of feedback on the last chapter. Victoria is now #7 in General Fiction.👏🏾

Song for majority of Victoria and James' relationship is T.L.C. by Tory Lanez. Almost of the flashbacks will be related to the song.

It's been a little over 1 year and a half since Victoria left James. They'd been in a relationship for 3 years. It took him 6 months to get with her. That's 5 years in total.
________________________

"You and your girls were screaming that y'all don't want no scrubs. I was the nigga that wanted you but ain't get no love. "

Flashback
5 YEARS AGO
*
*
*
Omniscient

21 year old Victoria sat in the car with her best friend, Dasani.

The two college seniors had been best friends since the 6th grade, and had no plans of ending their long term relationship any time soon.

Victoria took a drag of the blunt before passing it to Dasani who sat in the passenger seat.

It wasn't surprising that they had access to weed- they were in college. There would be much worse stuff in the party.

Unfortunately, they were sitting outside in the car, courtesy of none other than Victoria.

"I don't wanna be here," Victoria spoke, leaning her head back onto the headrest of her seat.

"Well that's too damn bad." Dasani imitated the grandfather from Holes, causing the both of them to laugh.

"You need to get out and have some fun, Tori. You barely come out the apartment unless you're going to class or home," Dasani pouted at her best friend.

It was no secret that Victoria was an introvert and somewhat of a pessimist who hated parties because she always unwillingly thought of the worst case scenarios.

She'd rather be in her bed, watching tv or something.

"Stop lookin' at me like that, Dee."

Ignoring Victoria's command, Dasani continued to pout, making her puppy eyes more adorable, and also making it harder for Victoria to resist.

"Okay damn," Victoria exclaimed, taking the keys out of the ignition.

She unhooked her car key from the key ring and stuck it in her bra before putting the rest of the keys in the glove department.

Victoria grabbed her iPhone 4 from the cup holder and got out of the car.

"Annoyin' ass," she mumbled under her breath as she applied Chapstick to her lips.

Since it was the middle of November and somewhat of a light breeze outside, she wore high waisted shorts, a cropped sweatshirt with the school's name on it that stopped an inch below the top of her shorts, and crisp, high top Converse.

Her hair was in a high ponytail with semi-defined curls since she didn't feel like twisting her natural hair up the night before.

"What you say, trick," Dasani questioned.

"I said I hope this party is over fast."