Chapter 1 ❤️

I feel so alone. Locked up in my "room" AKA the attic. Let me clarify something, I am NOT Cinderella. Never will be. She's beautiful and actually someone. While I on the other hand, I am ugly and a nobody.

"CARA, COME DOWN HERE BEFORE I SMACK YOU." said my aunt, Darla. Darla is a vicious woman and she will do anything to get what she wants. Her daughter, Fiona, is the same thing. I guess the term 'like mother, like daughter' comes to use in this case of scenario.

I begrudgingly open the attic door and walk down the ladder. I ran towards her room and see her sitting on the bed. She stood up, walked towards me, and smacked me.

"YOU ARE LATE!"

I kept my face void of any emotions. I'm used to this life. I'm used to being hit. I'm used to being yelled at. I'm used to being a worthless girl.

"Now..." she said composing herself. "We're having dinner tonight with my friends."

"How do you know them, dear aunt?" I ask.

"Your mom knew them since she was in high school and became very close friends, until she died that is..." she says. "Then we became good friends at her funeral."

I stiffened at the mention of my mom. She was the most amazing mom anyone could ever have. She was so kind and I sometimes wonder why she was even related to a wicked woman such as Darla.

But how evil can this woman be? She became friends with my mom's best friend at her damn funeral. My aunt probably corrupted this couple's minds and made them become evil.

"That is all, you may go to your room now before you leave a foul stench in my room." She says, her face contorting in disgust.

I bow and walk out of her room. While I was walking out, I see Fiona and she purposely pushed me on the floor.

"Oops, my bad." She said in that sickly sweet voice. "Here let me help you up."

She stuck a hand out and I knew what was going to happen. I took the hand so she won't tattle to her mother and hit me. She yanked my hand, making me fall on the ground again. Then she steps on me and goes into her mother's room. I sigh and stood up, dusting any dirt off my clothes.

Several hours pass and I'm in pain. My sister hit me with a wine bottle because I accidentally spilled coffee on her.

I'm currently lying on the floor in pain. At least my head isn't bleeding since she didn't hit me that hard with it.

"That's what you get you worthless piece of shit." Fiona sneered.

My aunt came down and saw me on the floor and smirked. She proceeded to walk and not notice that I'm in pain.

"Girls, go get dressed for our guests." she said. "And Cara, clean up the glass shards on the floor."

I grumbled inside and wished that lightning would strike her right there. She walked to her room and stopped suddenly.

"Oh and Fiona, the Goffman's have a son about your age, so you may want to look extra pretty for him." She said smiling.

Ahh, so that is the name of the family that used to be friends with my mom. I hear a noise that sounded like giggling so I look at Fiona and she looks like a unicorn on crack.

I sit up and jolts of pain go through me. I stand up and... I DID IT! HALLELUJAH!

I felt miserable again when I looked at the glass shards. I sigh and get a dustpan and broom to clean it up.

Thankfully, I didn't get any cuts from that.

I walk up to my room and saw an ugly puke green dress on my bed. I instantly knew it was from Fiona. She wanted to impress the Goffman's son by making her stand out against me. I put on the dress and use makeup to cover up any bruises I had. That's the only reason why I have makeup.