Chapter Four: Tiny All Around

Friday nights were designated for one specific thing: lazy relief. At least, that's what Kelly, Adrian, Corrine, and Elenora dedicated the evenings to. They gathered in one place (usually Adrian and Kelly's apartment) and binge watched a series in celebration of a week of hard work finally being over. Oh, and food. There was always lots and lots of food. That was, at least, how everything was explained to Nathan who had been too preoccupied for the previous year to accompany them.

"So, what are we watching tonight?" Nathan asked.

"Either we continue Scandal—"Adrian rolled his eyes when he answered. Clearly this was not his first option or even second or third. "Or How to Get Away With Murder. Both Kelly's suggestions."

Nathan's brows furrowed. "Okay, Scandal is about the attractive woman sleeping with the president of the United States, ri—"

"It's not that simple, ass-hat!" Kelly yelled at him from the living room before she continued talking to Elenora.

"I'll take your word for it!" He yelled back, shaking his head and leaning against the kitchen counter. "What's the other one about?"

"Getting away with murder," Adrian said simply.

"How descriptive, Adrian." He lowered his voice. "I take it when the time comes, you won't be writing your own vows, hmm?"

He merely snorted in response then paused in the middle of lifting his beer bottle to his mouth.

"You forgot about the vows, didn't you?"

There was a silence and then, "No. I didn't forget. I just didn't plan any vows yet because I'm worried she'll say no and I don't want to get my hopes up."

Nathan didn't comment about the fact that planning an entire wedding was a form of getting his hopes up, but he was tempted to.

Remember what happened the last time you gave in to temptation?

He almost shook his head to rid himself of the thought. It wasn't the same, but then again his mind always had to find a way to drive itself back to her. It didn't matter whether she had any relation to the topic at hand or not. And speak of the devil; there was a knock at the door. It was followed by chatter that was directing itself to the kitchen.

"How'd it go?" Kelly asked her.

"She called me a midget!" Corrine huffed, waving at him and Adrian as she headed for the water bottle in the middle of the kitchen table. "Who does that? Who calls their photographer a midget?"

"Who called you a midget?" Nathan asked.

"Model."

"Oh okay."

She sent him a glare that said what's that supposed to mean?

He cleared his throat awkwardly. "Sounds like you had a rough day. Need a glass of wine?"

"Yes, please. I'd love—"

He opened the cabinet with the wine glasses, which were on the highest shelf—too high for anyone of average height to get to—and made a gesture of offering.

She sent him another glare. "I changed my mind."

Adrian slapped his shoulder. "Don't mess with her. She seems a little Grumpy."

There was a silence before Elenora giggled. "Snow white reference! Not bad."

"Thank God someone got it. I thought we were going to stay in awkward silence for an hour after."