"Big Zaynie" ~Chp. 2

"Theres nothing wrong with you, theres a lot wrong with the world you live in." Chris Colfer 

Harry’s p.o.v

Beep.  Beep.  Beep.  My alarm clock blared in my ear, waking me up.  I hit the snooze button slamming my head back in my pillow, groaning.  Just another day in hell.  Oh wait, sorry, I meant school.  Just another day at school.  Just another day I’m numb to the world.  Just another day to get through.  Just another day.

Grabbing my dark black skinny jeans, Vans, and a graphic tee I walk down the long staircase to downstairs where my mum is making chocolate chip pancakes.  Yum.

“Mum, please don’t make me go?  I don’t feel well today, I think I may have a fever!  I don’t want to get everyone at school sick,” I pleaded putting syrup on the pancakes.

 “Harry,” My mother’s stern voice scolded, “You and I both know you are just faking.  I will not let you stay home from school any more than you have been! You’re in Uni now, that’s a commitment you made.  I expect you to keep it.  Besides, I’m paying for it and I don’t want our money going to waste.  Now please, eat your pancakes and be on your way?”

Nodding my head, I quietly ate my pancakes.  Why can’t she see that I can’t go to school?  Can she not tell that people are hurting me?  Isn’t that a motherly instinct?  She probably hates me just as much as they do.  Just because I am different.  Just because I don’t feel attracted to girls doesn’t mean something’s wrong with me?

Does it?

No, no I can’t think like that.  I am who I am, and I cannot change that.  Just because I’m gay doesn’t mean I’m any different than anyone else.  Yet, it makes me a walking target for hateful comments and discrimination. 

I try to ignore the comments.  I really do, but they still get to me.  I’m growing more accustomed to it every day, isn't that sick?  They make me WANT to be straight, that’s all I want.  But I can’t, I just don’t feel romantically or sexually attracted to women.  Is that really so bad?  Love is love!  Why put me down just because they can’t accept it.

Finishing my pancakes, I angrily grab my back pack growing more upset as I walk out the door and towards Starbucks to grab coffee before Uni.  I’m studying to be a musician; it’s really all I want to do.  Music is just my escape, when I’m sad and upset.  It’s how I get my feelings out, how I express my frustration, my hurt, and my fears.  Everything.  Through music Niall and I write.  Him on the guitar, and me writing down words from the heart.

I heard a car honk and then saw Niall’s shiny black Range Rover pull up next to me.

“Why are you walking?  You know I always come to pick you up at your house Harry!” Niall’s thick Irish accent says worriedly.

“Ni, I can walk to school on my own, I don’t need a baby sitter!”  I don’t get why he is always so worried about me, I’m 18 now.  I can handle myself.

“Harry, what if Zayn is driving and he sees you?”

“What would he do? Run me over?  Yeah sure Ni, big bad Zaynie is gonna run me over with his big bad motorcycle.”  I laughed and started mocking the way Zayn talked, “Look at me I’m Zayn Malik and I’m in a big bad gang.  I paint on walls and break windows!”

"Harry….”

“Hold up a second Niall, I’m not done!” Mocking the way Zayn walks, I strut towards Niall’s car laughing my head off.

“Harry please get in the car?” Niall pleads.

“Why?  What is Big Zaynie gonna-” I start but see Niall’s scared face and turn around.

And guess who stands in front of me?

None other than Zayn Malik.  Wearing his famous black leather jacket and white shirt, his hair styled in a quiff, dark jeans and boots.  Smirking, he walks towards me with a menacing look in his eyes.

“I dunno fag, what do you think ‘Big Zaynie’ is going to do to you?” Zayn’s low intimidating voice questions.

Well this can’t be good……

 _________________________________________________

Authors note:

Hiiii!!! I wrote this part so sorry for the wait once summer starts we'll be pumping out updates like theres no tomorrow!!! Did you hear Harry's new song? FUCKING LARRY STYLINSON