Chapter 6

Author's note: I'm sorry! I'm so sorry that I forgot updating last week. I hope this will make up for it because I'm quite happy with this chapter. Again, I'm very sorry!

"Please talk to him."

"No."

"Only once!"

"No!"

"But it would make you feel better."

"It won't."

"Why are you so sure?"

"He betrayed all of us. He betrayed me."

"But he didn't do it out of hatred!"

"I don't care why he did it. I only know that he did it."

"You can ask for his reasons. But only if you talk to him."

"All right. I'll do it. But then you'll leave me alone with it, promise?"

"Promise."

*********

Vader lifted his eyes from the screen and looked out for his wife. She had always been there for a few years now. A lot of time in which she had found a way to visit the dead. And she had brought some of them with her, like Shmi Skywalker and Qui-Gon Jinn. They all had clearly been disapponted, though his mother had tried not to show it. This meeting hadn't been nice for all of them.

Now she was gone again, but he was positive that she would return. She always did. And he was so thankful for her being there for him and supporting him. He didn't dare to think about what would have happened to him if Padmé hadn't turned up. He shook his head to clear his thoughts and turned back to work. The Rebel Alliance became more and more powerful. And more and more threatening. But now Tarkin had located them. It was going to be a crushing defeat for the rebellion.

The sudden touch of gentle fingers on the back of his neck startled him. But he knew who it was, so he smiled and reached back to put one of his large hands on her petite ones. "Hello, Anakin.", a voice said. Vader stiffened. It wasn't his wife's voice. Not at all. It was deeper. Louder. Rougher. He knew that voice very well. He turned around on his swivel chair and turned around. As he saw his suspicions confirmed, he stood up swiftly and shielded Padmé with his own body. The figure standing in front of him had the same eerie characteristics Padmé's had. Blazing and translucent, surrounded by the blue Force aura. And dead. Vader knew that for sure, he had killed this person himself.

"Obi-Wan.", he stated. "I didn't expect you here." The old master furrowed his brows. "So did I. Padmé persuaded me." Vader's eyes widened. She had brought him here? Why did she betray him like that? "Mé?", he asked in an accusatory voice. "Because you guys need to talk. This has been long overdue." Vader bristeled with anger. "Oh, really? Do you know your death was his fault? If he hadn't talked to you, you would have waited for me to return from Mustafar. We could be living happily somewhere in the galaxy. Together. With our child. But thanks to him, this has become impossible." "Well, but I was right, wasn't I? You had turned to the Dark Side. You had killed younglings. And because I failed to stop you, you brought great misery over the galaxy. It only helped me to see it was to late. You were lost. And you still are." "I don't think we have anything to talk about.", Vader spat. Kenobi's tone became icy cold. "Though I hate to say that, I agree with you on this. I was right. I have nothing to do here, so I'm going to leave." And he began to fade. "No, Obi-Wan, stay! Come back!", Padmé cried. The now hardly visible Obi-Wan shook his head. "I came here, and now you'll leave me alone with it. You promised, remember?" The he was gone. Only his last word, "remember", seemed to vibrate through the perfect silence that was only broken through Padmé's sobs. Vader watched her cry emotionlessly, not even thinking about comforting her.