Three.

The only thing that could be heard was the humming of Harry's car as we drove down the nearly empty highway. I yawned quietly and continued doodling pointless shapes on the glass of Harry's passenger side window. It was 10pm and we had been on the road for what seemed like two hours, but it had only been 40 minutes, and we still had 2 hours to go. I could feel my behind numbing from sitting in this seat for as long as I've been sitting here, and nothing irritated me more than a silent car ride. I despised how quiet it was in here and Harry didn't bother speaking to me or turning on the radio. I didn't bother asking, either. My annoyance fell on blind eyes and deaf ears.

My teeth gritted together in annoyance whenever I thought about the fact that I was going to be spending the next 2 months with this man. He seemed so strict and uptight, I wasn't even prepared for 90 days of no fun whatsoever. The thought of being cooped up in his home, working like a dog in order to be "taught some manners" caused me to gulp down the forming lump in my throat. I still couldn't believe this. I still couldn't believe that this was happening and I was just going to roll over and accept it. "What's on your mind?" He asked. I screamed internally at his question and glanced at him quickly with wide eyes.

"What do you think is on my mind?" I mumbled, fingering a patch of fringe on my ripped jeans. I wondered if he was just going to force any answers out of me like he had done earlier. It was torture having him speak to me that way, making me feel so...small. I hated that only he had the ability to make me feel like an ant, when I usually felt powerful standing up to people. I suppose this is what my parents wanted; they wanted someone to snatch that power away from me and make me feel like a worthless piece of crap. Harry was sure doing a hell of a good job.

"It's not easy being snatched out of your home and dropped into the home of another person; a person you don't know," he began, "however, every action has a reaction. Your parents have tried to deal with your behavioral issues as best as they can, and now it is my turn." He said, tightening hands on the steering wheel. "I am their last resort and I promise that I will send you back to them, having learned basic manners and respect," he said.

"And how do you think you'll be able to do that?" I snapped. His words ignited a fire. My skin heated, despite the cooling air outside and my face twisted into a full on glare. If looks could kill, he'd be dead at the wheel right now. "If you think I won't resist against your foolish tactics to get me to behave, you need to think again. I've told you all that it was a mistake and I wasn't thinking. No need to send me to some stranger to straighten me out. I've learned my lesson," I frowned.

"Resisting will only make things worse on you, princess," he skimmed his tongue along his lower lip, tightening his grip on the wheel. "Unlike your parents, I believe in punishment. And I've been given permission to punish you," he said, a small smirk adorning his pink lips. I shifted in my seat and held onto the strap of the seatbelt. If I could, I would have opened the door and rolled out of his car, risking possible death or near-death injuries—I didn't care. The thought of him punishing me sent a cool chill down my spine and caused my frown to deepen. "It's my job to teach you how to behave, Rose. Can I call you Rose?" He asked.

I only nodded, staying silent as he hummed to himself, nodding in the same manner that I did. I looked straight ahead at the empty road, noticing that we were on the road to a nearby city. I've been on this route many times with my father for business deals, or with my mother to visit one of her favorite boutiques. I was starting to panic, however. This city was far from my home and if I possibly wanted to run away, which I had been contemplating since I set foot in his car, I couldn't. I wouldn't know where to go.  "Why do you live so far out?" I asked in a small voice, clearing my throat right after.

"I moved away from the city awhile ago," he simply shrugged. "You have those people who want the city life, and you have those who don't." He stated, giving me a quick glance. "I like this town compared to to hustle and bustle of the large cities. I don't like a lot of traffic when trying to get to where I need to go, and I definitely don't like crowded areas, and large buildings," he said. His words caused me to wonder if he was married. No women I knew enjoyed quiet towns. Women in this state loved the city. They loved the interaction with different people from all across the globe. The shops, the constant parties, fairs, and events were what women here lived for. Harry was an odd character.