Photographs (Tom)

I'm always surprised. I'm always surprised by how the world looks when you're looking for the beautiful things rather the opposite. When you have a camera in your hands, you just can't stop looking for those serendipitous things about the world around you. How the yellow morning sunlight hits the red leaves of fall, how the sunlight reflects off a child's eye, how crinkles form around his eyes when he smiles big. It's an odd feeling that washes over you when you see those things; time slows, and you wish it would all just freeze so you could stare at it forever. Happy, peaceful feelings warm you down to your aura.
This is how I always feel next to his side in the morning. It doesn't matter where; waking up next to him, seeing the pale yellow sunlight spill from the window when I first wake up, opening my eyes to find him looking at me with such admiration and serenity that it feels as if my soul holds its breath. When we take a walk in the morning, and he turns towards me with a small, peaceful smile, his blue eyes sparkling with love.
Even in the evening sunsets, when he slowly moves into that look that he gives when he's about to kiss me. The red-orange light shadowing his finest features, making his eyes look like ice with gold flecks. Oh god, the look in his eyes. I can never forget that look.
Even his lips when they form the words 'I love you'; I can't wait for the next moment he'll say that to me. Waiting is terrible, but, god do I love the moments in between. When I see him smile, when I hear his laugh, feeling his weight on the bed next to me, his scent, and, most of all, his hands. His hands are always so elegant, and the gestures he makes when he talks always make me smile. Everything about him is what I wish I could remember forever. Not even my camera could always catch what I see him as. He's flawless to me. Every fine detail, every moment, he's flawless. And, every day, he says the same about me.