Exploring

It was morning by the time the storm cell had passed, they were allowed to come back on the deck. Before them was this huge jungle island.
"Is this brazil?"Aidyn asked.
"I think"The Captain answered skeptically.
"You think?!" Danny exclaimed.
"Relax lady, I'm one of the best small boat sailors of the seven seas" Captain announced.
"The seven seas of what? The kitchen sink?" Danny whispered to Aidyn.
"The seven seas of the water bottles." Aidyn whispered in a 'matter-of-factly' tone.
"Land Ho!" Yelled the captain.
"Wow! It looks just like the brochure!" Maya exclaimed. But all Aidyn and Danny saw was mist...
"You see it too right?" Asked Danny.
"The mist? Yeah, what is your sister talking about." Asked Aidyn.
"Maybe we're delusional." Danny announced.
"This is going to be a blast!" Maya exclaimed running to the front of the boat.
"What are doing first kids?" Danny's dad asked.
"Danny and I want to explore a little bit" Aidyn replied immediately.
"Ok kids, we'll check into the hotel then we'll let you kids on your way... ok?" Announced Dannys Dad.
"Yeah, ok" replied Maya.
"Er...sure Dad." Replied Danny. The two started off into the forest. As they were walking, they passed some cool rock/crystal structures, the crystals were many different colors but Danny chose the red one for it was his favorite color.
"Woa" Danny stated in awe "these are really cool, hey can I put a sample in your backpack?"
"Sure." Aidyn answered. As they walked further, they came to a dense forested area.
"These trees are very old," Danny states.
"How old we talkin'."
"Several thousand years" Danny answers bending down to examine the tree more carefully. Danny picks up a piece of amber off the side of the tree that seems to have a mosquito stuck inside of it."
"Hey, we could take the blood from this mosquito and reverse engineer it to the point where we can simulate the dna of the animal or creature itself, this discovery could increase global economy which therefore would cause-"
"Wait isn't that the plot line of juras-"
"NOOOO!" Danny answers quickly. Danny sticks it in her backpack, without asking this time, and they continue on.
After a long time of walking, the two come across a cavern, deep, dark and mysterious.
"So you wanna go in the dark and myster-" danny asked, but was quickly cut off by Aiden.
"Yep" she replied quickly.
While walking into the cave, they spotted a strange bird like symbol engraved in the wall.
"The people who used to live here must have worshiped birds, but .... what kind?" Danny asked as a rhetorical question but Aidyn answered anyway.
"Well that seems to be the question sherlock!!!!" She yelled. They continued on. They saw more and more of the bird markings as the cave went on. "I brought my flashlight, should I-"
"You've had a flashlight this entire time? And it didn't occur to you to turn it on till just now?" Danny yelled disappointedly.
"Okay, sorry, jeez, I'm just trying to help" Aidyn replied, pulling out the flashlight, the L.E.D. bulb glowing brightly in the dark expanses of the cave. There was a lot more of these engravings than they had thought there were.
Danny was the first to notice that some of the engravings were different, most of them of course were filled with a lot of brightly colored birds. Some on the other hand had darker colored birds that seemed to be terrorizing the natives.
That wasn't the only thing that Danny found, shortly after the discovery of the controversial flashlight he saw that something in Aidyns backpack, dimly glowing. Then he the theorized that the closer that they got to the main cave wall, the brighter the now red crystal would glow. Danny grabbed it out of her backpack. Aidyn looked at the crystal in awe.
"Whoa. Hey maybe if I bang it enough times it will explode!" Aidyn exclaimed, and then snatched it from Danny and ran off with it down the cave till it was brighter than her flashlight. "Is this some kind of sun charged flare?" Aidyn asked.
"A solar flare?" Danny called after her.
"Yeah that!" She shouted back.
"Science hasn't advanced enough for that to be a reality yet, Aidyn." Danny replied.
"Oh... Then you should probably start running" Aidyn mocked, and then started banging it on the wall to see if it would start sparking.
"Aidyn cut that out! It could be dangerous! Stop that, you're gonna break-" Danny was cut off by a sound of a moving wall. The wall shifted and a paper map appeared. Aidyn grabbed it and held the crystal to the map. Then the crystal zoomed out of her hand, and flew out of the cave. Aidyn smiled her signature adventurous smirk at Danny, then chased after it. Danny groaned. "Aidyn! When has chasing after flying objects ever done is any good?!" Danny shouted after her, while doing his best to avoid rocks in the ground without light. Aidyn ignored his comment and continued after it... Until,
"Owww!" Danny howled, after a large thud Aidyn heard. Aidyn turned back and shown her light. Danny had tripped on a rock.
"Figures" groaned Aidyn.
"No! Go on without me. I'll make it somehow" Danny announced out stretching his arm to her. Aidyn rolled her eyes.
"Danny, it's the brightest thing for miles. We can chase after it whenever. I can't  leave you here to fend for yourself, what would your parents say if I left you here for spider chow?" Aidyn joked. Danny got up immediately.
"SPIDERS?!" Danny yelped and ran out of the cave and towards the crystal faster than he did when new computer parts were left in the lost and found for Danny to claim after school. Aidyn saw this, rolled her eyes and raced after him.
"Why don't you run this fast during gym?" Aidyn yelled after him, cupping her hand around her mouth. Then she parkoured the rocks in the cave like there was no tomorrow.