Chapter one.. getting there

"Hurry up, Danny, or we'll miss the ship!" Yelled Aidyn, running ahead of everyone to get the best view of the arriving ships.
    "Don't you know that wasting your energy now won't help you later? Remember we are in New York" Panted Danny, holding his knees. Aidyn held her arms above her head and took deep breaths. Then put Danny's above his head to help him breath.
    "We won't be in New York much longer Danny, I can't wait to see what's it's like in Brazil, I didn't take spainish just for my health, you know, I could have been playing soccer while I was learning that language" Aidyn announced to Danny scolding him.
    "But you're already so good at soccer, I thought it might be good to challenge your brain instead of your muscle for a change." Danny announced.
    "Now kids let's not get too rambunctious, remember this is a family trip after all" Danny's dad announced.
    "Thanks again for letting me come along Mr. and Mrs.Reperio, I'm glad you thought of me instead of someone else" Aidyn thanked.
    "Of course Aidyn nobody bonds with Danny quite like you do, if we didn't invite you then poor Danny would have been stuck with his older sister, Maya" Danny's mom announced.
    "Hey I'm not that bad! Right Aidyn?" Asked Maya.
    "You did get me on the soccer team, so Maya's cool." Aidyn announced.
    "Which one is our ship?" Asked Danny's mother to Danny's father.
    "Whichever one is named 'Fire Bird'" he replied.
    "Cool name for a ship, but... it's kind of...,"
    "Anticlimactic?" Asked Danny finishing Aidyns sentence.
    "Exactly!" Aidyn replied though she had no idea what it met.
    "What does the ship look like on the brochure?" Asked Miya.
    "Decent..." Danny's Dad replied.
    "Well, let's just wait to see" Danny's mom announced.
And wait they did, one by one all the big ships started to leave, and with every passing minute the family started to get more and more nervous about the size and condition of their ship. Finally a big ship name santa louis moved and the family saw the ship they were to board.
    "Definitely Anti Numatic" Aidyn announced looking at the ship.
    "Anticlimactic, Aidyn" Danny corrected.
    "Same thing." Aidyn announced.
    "That's the firebird, alright" Danny's dad sighed.
    "It could be worse... we could have a crazy old man with no sense of direction sailing us there." Aidyn announced.
    "Nothing can be worse than getting lost at sea, other than dying or getting -" but Maya didn't finish because her mother covered her mouth.
    "Thrown overboard" Danny's mother finished for Maya.
    "Relax mom I was gonna say thrown overboard." Maya announced.
    "So who's our captain?" Danny's dad announced.
    "That would be me lad, Captain Shawn, your *cough* *cough* *un-cough* certified sailor." Captain Shawn announced.
"At least he's not crazy and has a sense of direction..." Aidyn mumbled to Danny.
"I'm pretty sure he just said uncertified" Danny returned. There was a long silence...
"So why don't y'all climb aboard?" asked Shawn the "captain".
They weren't even out that far to sea yet and they started to realize how strange the captain was. He was constantly mumbling about past lives and something about a city in Arizona.
Then the trip took a turn for the worse. There was a big storm cell that passed right over the boat Shawn told the family to go inside, they did as they were told. The inside of the boat was no prettier than the outside, there were lots of bottles and jars hanging around (literally).
"This look like the lair of a psychopath" commented Aidyn .
"Maybe it is" replied Danny. As they were talking, they felt what was thought to be a shift left in our course, but they all assumed it was just the waves.