Who's really dead?

Daniela Vanzetti sat up quickly sweating and panting in her bed. Her black hair tangled in knots and clinging to the sweat from her forehead; she slid her feet to the floor and rested her head on her palms and swallowed hard. Every since Daniela's sister was killed she hasn't had a good night sleep. The images of the blood pouring from her sister's mouth and the slashed remains on the floor, has plagued her mind for 4 months now. Daniela was fearless and had nothing to be scared of until Mandy died. Everything became distorted and frightening since the night of her death.

Daniela sat up and pushed her hands around the back of her neck and stood up. She walked into the bathroom and flipped the light on grabbing a glass that had been sitting on the sink. She filled it with water and took a sip not feeling awake at all. The water was thick and slimy and had a metallic taste to it. Daniela spit the liquid back into the sink and watched it stain the sink red. She turned the faucet back on and nothing but blood was streaming down. She backed out of the bathroom and grabbed a towel that she had left on the chair next to her bed and began wiping out her mouth. Daniela closed her eyes hoping she was only dreaming but when she opened them she was in the same spot but the bleach white towel she had used was clean. She walked into the bathroom and the faucet was streaming clear water, or as clear as tap water gets.

She put her hand on her head and thought that maybe she was just hallucinating from lack of sleep. She walked back to her bed after turning the faucet off and the light out. The bed seemed hot so she opened her window to let the city breeze cool her off. She laid down onto of the comforter and tried to go to sleep but her efforts were futile and the noises from the street were pounding in her ears like drums. She got out of bed and walked into her living room turning on the T.V which lit the entire room up. A movie marathon was on and it was Daniela's favorite past time horror movies like, Frankenstein and Dracula.

The height of the movie came into view and a knock at Daniela's door caused her to jump and avert her focus from the movie. She grabbed her robe from the couch and pulled it over her covering her underwear. She opened the door but no one was there.

"Hello," she called peeking her head out the door and looking around.

She closed the door figuring it was just some kids playing a prank on her. The knock came again before Daniela could turn around. She swung the door open but again no one was there.

"What the hell?"

Again she shut the door and made it back to the couch but the knocking came again but this time Daniela didn't move or even acknowledge the call. The knocking became fierce and ferocious but Daniela ignored it still thinking a neighbor would swing their door open and curse out anyone there.

The knocking stopped and it was silent for a moment. The movie was the only thing producing noise and Daniela wanted to keep it that way. Her phone started buzzing and lighting up on the coffee table. She picked it up and answered.

"Hello?"

Only breathing came through the phone.

"If this is some kind of joke I suggest you knock it out or I'll kick your ass."

She hung the phone up but it buzzed again, this time a text message. She opened the message and started to feel a little uneasy. The same number that had called her sent her a message saying, I know the truth, but you don't. Daniela figured it was time to see a therapist and move back in with her parents.

When morning arrived Daniela had her bags already packed and tossed them in her car. She followed the bag and got into the car as well. She began to pull out when a large SUV near clipped the front of her car. She slammed on the honk and continued pulling out. She picked up her phone and called her moms land line but it went straight to voicemail.