Just A Joke - Angst

Hello! Something a little different, i dont know anyone if these characters! These are my characters from my imagination! Contains mentions if Rape. Trigger warnings, Suicide and abuse. I'm sorry!

~Storm x

The day it was 'All a joke' just some fun, yeah it was a day like no other. Cara Brenner, just an ordinary girl, she had friends, hated school and was interested in relationships.. Well, not the normal kind, she only wanted a relationship of the same sex. Yes, Cara was a lesbian, yet that was her secret. She hadnt dared to tell anyone at school, her friends wouldnt understand.

Apart from that, she and her friends had a very close relationship, her best friend; Laura Sleeper, they had first teased her about her name but Laura couldnt care less and she knew that it was only friendly banter. The teased each other all the time.

It wasnt taken in account that she had secrets. She had many of them, yes her friends had obviously asked her about it and had tried to convince her to tell them about what was going on in her brunette head, but her mouth was sealed shut.

Cara was a very bubbly and hyper girl, she was always up for a laugh and a joke.

A joke.

Thats all it was.

She was pretty, very.

Wavy brunette hair and sparkling green eyes, she had clear skin and slightly crooked teeth.

She was a beautiful girl, yet, nobody ever saw that. Nobody, not even her friends noticed how she always seemed to dissapear as soon as she left school. People thought it was a bit creepy but never paid attention to it, didnt ask or do anything about it.

They didnt ask about the bruises on her body.

Nor the cuts on her legs.

Nor the scars, marred into the skin on her arms. That was the thing though.

Nobody asked.

Nobody knew about the burning hatred Cara had for herself. As she never looked in the mirror and thought she looked good..

No, all Cara saw, was an ugly pathetic waste of space.

A freak.

It was just another day, it was supposed to 'just be a joke' at the start of school when Cara walked through the school gates.

But unknowing by her friends Cara had just been through hell.

The dark agonising bruise on her pale stomach and shoulder were gonna last a while.

Her friends chatted happily, oblivious to the fact Cara was fighting back the tears that threatened to fall from her ivy green irises. Just as she approached the happy bunch of students mucking about, they suddenly stopped and turned to glare at her.

They looked her up and down in disgust as she stopped dead in her tracks.

"H-Hey?" She had greeted, asking it as more of a question, "Urgh it speaks.." Laura sneered as the other girls snickered and giggled mockingly.

Alarmed and hurt, Cara had tried to put on a brave face, hoping this all was just a sick joke.

Laura spoke up again, "What are you doing here? Shouldnt you be in a bin somewhere?" She cackled evilly.

She was about to walk away when one of her best friends near the back spoke up, "Hey i heard she fucked her dad at the weekend," Hannah whispered loud enough for Cara to clearly hear.

Cara had enough. It wasnt the remark, it was the shock of her best friends talking about her like that.