Chapter 1

"Lo, this is going to be the last time that I'll ask you to do this." Clara said to Lauren.

"And this is going to be the last time I'm going to humor you, mom." Lauren whispered to herself.

Lauren checked her watch and it's already 6:45pm. Clara told her that she should be on the meeting place before 7pm. Clara once again set her up on a blind date!!

Yes, her mother has been setting her up on blind dates ever since she started her Singing career.  Clara told her that she will be meeting tons of girls that don't qualify for her daughter, so that's why she herself set Lauren on blind dates, She made sure that she introduced to Lauren the type of woman that she liked. And she introduced them through blind dates to have an element of surprise.

As much as Lauren disliked the idea, She loves her mother too much to take away this sort of "hobby" from her. She knows that her mother is aware that she has no intention to get serious on her blind dates. Her mom was just so optimistic hoping that she will find "the one" for Lauren.

"Hey Lo!over here!" Clara called Lauren's attention once she saw her walking in the restaurant. Lauren saw her mom seating alone on a booth. Lauren knows that her mom asked the girl whom she's meeting to pick a restaurant, It's an old Italian restaurant with lots of vintage decor,  She knew who ever she's meeting apparently has good taste.

"She says she's on her way. And I really have to go, I have to attend this meeting at 8:30. Just wait for her if she gets a little late, okay?"

"I hope she doesn't get late. This is actually the first time I'm on time because this is the last one, right, mom?"

"You bet this is the last one, alright," Clara said while laughing and saying goodbye to her daughter.

Lauren checked her time every minute, somehow wishing that this girls wouldn't get late. Her mom seems very persistent to get her to say yes, she got so curious so she agreed as long as this got to be her last blind date, but she wondered why her mom acted that way.

Lauren felt her heart skipped a beat, when she heard the wind chyme on the door signaling that someone went in the restaurant, Then Lauren quickly laid eyes on the girl who was still standing at the door while smiling.

"Crap...."  Lauren whispered to herself

The girl was guided by the waitress to their seats, the girl instantly saw Lauren and they caught each others eyes, she thought Lauren looked a lot like Ms. Clara, but then she saw Lauren crease her forehead then change her expression. She wanted to roll her eyes on what she saw, the girl thinks Lauren is being sassy and she don't like girls who did that but then she'll give her a second chance.

"Lolo?" The girl asked Lauren, but Lauren creased her forehead again. 

"Sorry. I meant, are you Lauren Jauregui?"

"Yes. And you're the woman my mom set me up with?"

"I don't know this 'set up' but yes I'm a friend of your mom's. I'm Camila,"

Camila offers her hand and Lauren took it. It was a warm and long handshake. Then Lauren got lost in Camila's eyes for sometime and awkwardly ask Camila to have her seat.

"So... What do you mean earlier about having us on a date?"

"You don't know, do you? That this a blind date?" Lauren asked her while smiling.

Wow, that smile. *Camila thought* this time it's Camila's turn to get lost on Lauren's eyes.

"I'm sorry, my mom has been setting me up on dates for quite a time now, but this is the first time she has done such a thing."

"uhm, It's okay . I just thought Ms. Clara was giving something for me, apparently she wanted me to have you" Camila said while laughing.

Lauren was dumbfounded on Camila's last words, she was so caught off guard, She is straightforward... And with that deep voice, it's quite unsettling.

Lauren was still thinking what made her mom like Camila. Physically, Lauren liked what she saw. Although has a Fairer complexion as compared to the other girls she find appealing, Lauren Feels that there are a lot of men or women who would want to be with Camila. She was tall and her height was emphasized more by the white pair of shorts she was wearing. She has a simple but beautiful face, crowned with black and wavy hair.

"Miss Mila, what would you have?" 

"'I'll have one sun-dried tomato pasta and pepper-crusted fish, and a caesar salad."

"Make that two servings of each, except the salad. We'll share,"

Lauren don't know what to do or what to ask, the food is already here and they still didn't talk. But Camila speak up.

"Lauren, what do you like in a girl?"

Again Lauren was taken a back on Camila's question.

"I like cute girls. But not those who act cute to get their way."

and then they slowly continue to have a good conversation, She Learned that Camila is a model, part-time ramp model but she mostly do magazine covers. Then Lauren wondered why they haven't met her brothers always asked her to attend those kind of events, but apparently Camila didn't like to go to parties that she'd rather stay in bed and be with her little sister.

Lauren kept on trying to put together the puzzle that is this whole situation. Camila seems to be an irony of a lot of things. Model but a home buddy?

Camila laughed a lot during their conversation. She looked amused with what Lauren has to say. But Lauren's not that sure. Camila seems to be just genuinely nice. Like the way she smiled with her eyes when talking to the restaurant's staff.

Why did her mother liked Camila so much, Lauren wanted to know. But that afternoon was the last time that she saw Camila.